We take a deep look into the newest expansion for Blizzard's popular MMO World of Warcraft to find just what has changed in the lands of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Reviewed
We make an impassioned plea to Ubisoft Montreal to consider Australia as the setting for Far Cry 5
You're a Far Cry from Home, Mate
Joaby got the opportunity to talk to Jon Bloch, Producer at Turtle Rock Studios and Dave Blank, Product Developer at 2K, about the upcoming game Evolve.
Talking Evolve with Jon Bloch and Dave Blank
We take a fresh, untainted look at the scary world of MOBAs through Heroes of the Storm!
Can Heroes of the Storm Bridge the Scary MOBA Gap?
Post by Dan @ 10:50am 21/12/12 | 7 Comments
Following yesterday's news that the embattled publisher has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, THQ President Jason Rubin has taken to the web with open letter to fans of THQ games with words of hope that the company's best days are still ahead of them.
The most important thing to understand is that Chapter 11 does not mean the end of the THQ story or the end of the titles you love. Quite the opposite is true, actually.

Chapter 11 is a safety net for U.S. companies. American Airlines is currently in Chapter 11 restructuring, yet I flew back and forth on that airline when I visited Volition two weeks ago. Donald Trump and his companies have been in Chapter 11 four times. You can add to that list household names such as Macy’s, Eddie Bauer, the Chicago Cubs, Chrysler, Delta Airlines, General Motors, the Pittsburgh Penguins, Marvel Studios, and MGM, among many others.

MGM filed Chapter 11 two years ago, and this year it released “Skyfall” and “The Hobbit,” two of the biggest titles of the year. That’s what I mean when I say new start!
He further explains that their goal throughout proceedings has been to keep the band together so-to-speak, with the bidding process having been structured to preserve the remaining development teams and their projects.
Whatever happens, the teams and products look likely to end up together and in good hands. That means you can still pre-order Metro: Last Light, Company of Heroes 2, and South Park: The Stick of Truth. Our teams are still working on those titles as you read this, and all other rumored titles, like the fourth Saints Row, the Homefront sequel, and a lot more are also still in the works.
Read the full letter over on THQ.com, then go and buy their entire Steam lineup for US$24.99 in the Steam holiday sale.

thq

greazy
Posted 11:54am 21/12/12
Woah all those games for $25 that is insane.

The CEO shouldn't be mentioning Donald Trump, he's been known to use bankruptcy as a way to make profit and skip out on taxes, loans etc, in other words he is scum.

Looking through a list of their games, I can't see anything apart from warhammer that I like. A lot of it is s***, movie s***, more s***.
trog
Posted 12:53pm 21/12/12
That is a pretty good deal.

ShwaMiller86
Posted 01:46pm 21/12/12
Couldn't disagree more, greazy. Their catalogue is MOSTLY incredible.

CoH, 40k, Saints Row, STALKER and Darksiders make $25 worth every cent twice over.
Fasty
Posted 11:38pm 21/12/12
Godspeed THQ, godspeed.
greazy
Posted 01:24am 22/12/12
ShwaMiller86, let us then agree to disagree. Such quarrels are below us men of quality. I must confess that I haven't played a video in quiet a long time and I shan't for a while to come. The topic has turned jolly and gay. I beg you good day scum bag, do you know who I am? I am never wrong.
infi
Posted 01:55am 22/12/12
greazy is a joke. ignore him. the bargain is strong in this thread.
Hogfather
Posted 11:46am 22/12/12
That is a pretty good deal. So do gamers really care about a letter like that? Obviously it's partially intended to reassure shareholders (somehow) but I don't really feel like I have any "allegiance" to any publisher to the point I'd care too much if they went out of business. Any of their good properties would be just picked up by someone else.

I think its mostly about re-assuring people who have pre-orders or who are thinking about making pre-orders. I imagine pre-orders have become a pretty important source of cashflow during development?