to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Eorl @ 10:55am 19/12/12 | 7 Comments
BioWare has revealed their first digital expansion for the recently gone free-to-play title Star Wars: The Old Republic (thanks Nerf Lord), making its way to players in 2013. The new expansion is titled "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" and will see a level increase to 55, new story content and also the introduction of the Makeb planet.
The first Digital Expansion for The Old Republic introduces an aggressive new enemy threatening the future of the galaxy: the Hutt Cartel
  • Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!
  • Face-off against a frightening new enemy when you battle the nefarious Hutt Cartel.
  • The fate of the new planet Makeb is at stake... and in your hands.
  • Currently information is still light on what else players can expect from the first expansion, however for those eager you can expect to pay $9.99 as a subscriber or $19.99 for anyone who is using the new free-to-play option. BioWare are also offering five days of early access to the expansion if you pre-order before January 7th 2013, with both pricing plans able to take up on the offer. Pre-ordering will also garner a "preferred status" for free-to-play players, allowing access to more of the games content.

groganus
    Posted 06:41pm 19/12/12
    Anyone still playing, It's been nearly a year from release and im tempted to go back and see what things are like, though i've heard the aussie servers are a bit dead.
    glynd
    Posted 06:47pm 19/12/12
    If they wanted people to jump on board, they should have done a free roam space expansion with tonnes of new ships. I'd come back with subscription if they did that.
    Posted 06:53pm 19/12/12
    I'm planning on firing it up while I'm on holidays and checking out whats changed in the past few months, and yeah, I'll be back for the expansion cos more story ftw.
    TicMan
    Posted 06:56pm 19/12/12
    I stopped playing as well, all zapos fault really. Have tried to get back into it a few times but no social side of it makes it difficult. I'm old and don't want to make new friends online so if anyone from here is still kicking it along let me know and I'll come join.
    reload!
    Posted 05:05pm 20/12/12
    25gb at 100kb/s atm so it's going to be a while until I can play :(
    I hate launcher installers
    kappa
    Posted 05:17pm 20/12/12
    I'm giving F2P a go. Started last night and it seems ok.
    Nerf Lord
    Posted 10:17pm 20/12/12
    This has been my 2012 procrastination, I've put entire days into it now.

I recommend just subscribing if you like it, since it's only something like $14 for a month. You'll get legacy xp and everything unlocked (rest xp and whatnot), which makes further characters easier to level. You also get free monthly coins, which you can save to unlock things for free to play when your subscription runs out. (me however, I accidentally bought rocket boost trying to check out the price, and it was an awesome mistake).