hacking towards release
We've endured two delays to get here, but Watch_Dogs is finally within release sights, and ahead of that event we go hands-on with the latest build. Read on for our full thoughts!
inquisitive minds
AusGamers managed to catch-up with BioWare's Cameron Lee, an Aussie expat who serves as a producer on Dragon Age: Inquisition. Check out our full interview!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
to the moon, athena
We caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Post by Dan @ 12:10pm 30/11/12 | 5 Comments
Kicking off with midnight launches around the country last night, Nintendo's latest console, the tablet-controlled Wii U is now available in Australia.
The latest home console from Nintendo boasts more variety of gameplay than ever before. The console incorporates multiple unique features including the Wii U GamePad, which offers a second window into the videogame world. Many of the features that make Wii U unique in the gaming landscape can be seen in the 24 thrilling launch games which are to be made available to purchase as packaged games on the same day the Wii U console hits the market.

Launch titles include third-party heavy hitters such as FIFA 13 from Electronic Arts, Activision’s Call Of Duty®: Black Ops II and Ubisoft’s ZombiU™, as well as games developed by Nintendo such as Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U.
The console comes in two variants, a barebones white basic pack (RRP $348), or a black premium pack (RRP $428) which includes the Nintendo Land game, a stand, and an additional charging cradle.

We'll have reviews for some of the launch titles in the coming weeks. For a full list of the games available now, click this way.

TiT
Posted 12:51pm 30/11/12
So who got one? What they reckon? Also is it easy to transfer your content from your Wii to your WiiU. eg saved games and games you bought from the store?
Nathan
Posted 02:20pm 30/11/12
Picked up at DSE this morning with new mario, played for half hour over lunch. Graphics are sharp but certainly not mind-blowing
Posted 02:35pm 30/11/12
Yeah, I played a bit of Nats' one at lunch, it was fun, but I'm still thinking I'll wait a bit before getting one. The social stuff seems interesting/amusing, screen on the pad is much better quality than I was expecting too and its more comfortable to hold and use than I thought it would be.

I'm still playing through Mario on my 3DS though, so I don't need another Mario game yet, and nothing else on the system looks particularly interesting.
Zapo
Posted 02:38pm 30/11/12
I think I'm getting one for my birthday or xmas, so I have to wait :(

I'm actually more keen about it now that it's out than I was before. Zombiu, Nintendoland and Mario are my 3 picks.
H-nugg3t
Posted 05:08pm 02/12/12
I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy so take what I say with a grain of salt but Wii U's are awesome!! I got mine from JB Hi Fi which at the time where offering the premium pack for $400 (not sure if they still are). Can't speak more highly of them! The interface is really user friendly, the way they display 2 different things on the TV and Gamepad display is really cool and works seamlessly Picked up Zombi U with it and am enjoying the way it integrates most of the features the Gamepad offers into the gameplay.Looking forward to getting a game I can play soley on the Gamepad. Welcome to the next generation of consoles and you can't say that the wii U isn't next gen until you try one, trust me.