We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by Dan @ 07:19am 28/11/12 | 9 Comments
Confirming recent rumours, Nintendo has now officially revealed a new budget model of the classic Wii console. Unusually however, the new device has so far only been announced for an imminent December 7th 2012 launch in Canada, with no word on plans for other regions as yet.

A Canadian product page is packed with consumer details on the bright red console, although it does not appear to offer any specifications on just how mini the new model is. Launching at a CAD$99 price point, the Wii Mini claims to be compatible with "over 1300 Wii games", but most notably "does not connect to the Internet and does not support online features in games", "Internet connectivity features are not available", and "The Wii mini console is not compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs or accessories".

It is not known when or if the Wii Mini will be making its way to Australia.

wii mininintendo

Spook
Posted 07:41am 28/11/12
does it need to? you can pick up full version wii's ridiculously cheaply already. well worth a purchase if you live in brisbane and then get in touch with me if you'd like to see what you can do with a modded wii!
Raven
Posted 08:02am 28/11/12
Pretty good value if you consider it comes with Wii remote and Nunchuck.

I can count the number of times I've used internet connectivity on my Wii on one hand - and I've had it since day one. In fact, pretty much the only thing I've needed it for is to download Zelda LttP on VC.
Insom
Posted 08:17am 28/11/12
sweet
Spook
Posted 08:50am 28/11/12
i play online mario karts most weekends, plus ive downloaded a heap of stuff through homebrew channel over the wii internets

use it all the time :)
paveway
Posted 08:56am 28/11/12
spook making a point that there is still a person that hasn't packed their wii awake in the cupboard

stick at it bro
Spook
Posted 09:31am 28/11/12
just telling the truth bro, in my house, we like fun games
TiT
Posted 10:48am 28/11/12
spook i got wii how do u mod it and what extra stuff do you get?
dais
Posted 11:02am 28/11/12

I still play mine.

But what is the point of a Wii (Mini) if it can't connect to the Nintendo Store and download classic games?
Posted 11:52am 28/11/12
My Wii was still packed in a box from when I moved over a year ago, just stuck it in the back of a cupboard last weekend and it'll probably stay there.