We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by trog @ 07:02pm 23/11/12 | 6 Comments
Electronic Arts is having a big sale for a few big games on Origin, their digital store. The following titles are now on sale at 50% off:

. Battlefield 3 Standard Edition - $24.99
. Mass Effect 3 N7 Deluxe Edition - $39.99
. Mass Effect 3 - $29.99
. The Sims 3.5 Refresh - $39.99
. The Sims 3 Showtime (EP6) - $19.99
. The Sims 3 Pets (EP5) (NEW) - $19.99
. The Sims 3 Deluxe - $44.99

Head over to the Origin store now and grab yourself a bargain. The sale ends tomorrow at 7pm AEDT.

Don't forget to check out other online stores for better deals though - some of these prices are still suffering from the dreaded Australia tax.

electronic artsoriginsale

fpot
Posted 07:15pm 23/11/12
Thanks for this but jesus those prices are terrible. ME3 for $29.99 is so underwhelming.
trog
Posted 07:21pm 23/11/12
Yeh, figured it would be a bit like that but thought there might be one or two good deals in there somewhere!
Spook
Posted 07:27pm 23/11/12
. The Sims 3 Deluxe - $44.99

sold!
Phandaal
Posted 12:51am 24/11/12
Go home Origin, no one cares about your dumb ass.
Nerf Lord
Posted 01:47am 24/11/12
The real reason that I stopped pirating was because I could have an awesome centralised steam library, not really because of how cheap things were (though that helps). Origin threatens the whole piracy stopping system, with EA pulling out and trying to split things away from one beautiful centralised games library.

Basically, if it was on origin for $2, I'd still probably lose enthusiasm and realise that I shouldn't be spending the money... and look for a torrent first...
kos
Posted 02:55am 24/11/12
I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but I honestly wish there were more Steam equivalents and an industry-wide standard.

Something about an pervasive industry-wide electronic game store and content delivery system being owned and controlled by just one company (Valve) just doesn't feel comfortable to me, I can't help but wonder what would happen if Valve went out of business or something.

I realise it's pretty unrealistic but ideally I'd love to see equivalent options in addition to Steam and an ability to have any of the options manage your purchases, including the ability to transfer your complete library of games between them.

It's a bit like how I don't like that social networking is dominated by Facebook, it would be so much better to be able to have a social network profile on any site and add friends/view and talk to other people on any other social network.