AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Post by Eorl @ 11:24am 07/11/12 | 9 Comments
CEO of Ubisoft Yves Guillemot has estimated (thanks Siliconera) that the first week of sales for Assassin's Creed 3 are around 3.5 million units on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, according to a recent financial report. The positive sales are actually more than double that of previous Assassin's Creed: Revelations title, which only sold 1.26 million in its first month of being on sale.
“First-week sell-through sales for Assassin’s Creed III are estimated at over 3.5 million units, representing a year-over-year increase of more than 100 percent,” Guillemot revealed. “Just Dance 4 is performing in line with our expectations and Far Cry 3 has achieved among the best playtest scores in Ubisoft’s history, confirming the game’s outstanding quality.”
The developer is also looking ahead, stating that they expect positive results from their Wii U launch titles, including Rayman Legends and ZombiU, plus the upcoming title Far Cry 3.

Yves also noted that sales forecast has increased from €1,160 million – €1,200 million to €1,200 million – €1,260 million, and the operating income forecast is now at €70 million – €100 million compared to a previous €70 million – €90 million.

assassin's creed 3ubisoftfirst week salesfinancial forecast
Buy now from SteamEU

fryzeegunner
Posted 11:36am 07/11/12
but who would get revelations over a numbered Assassins game? I didn't even get revelations because to me it wasn't a real game. And by real game I mean It didn't feel worthy of a purchase especially after brotherhood. Like I've read elsewhere before, they should have been expansions.
Posted 12:00pm 07/11/12
Yeah, I didn't get revelations either, I want to see it compared to sales of AC2, that'd be more meaningful
Lynx
Posted 12:40pm 07/11/12
Finished Revelations just last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the ending for both Altair and Ezio.

I don't get the hate for Brotherhood and Revelations. Both were worthy titles that lived up to the standards set by Creed II.

I guess people had high hopes to see an improvement in the likes of the jump from Creed I to II. But it’s not like Ubisoft was marketing it as a fully fledged sequel. The games were clearly titled for what they were, standalone expansions on the story of Ezio for fans who wanted to experience a little more of their hero and his story.
fryzeegunner
Posted 12:41pm 07/11/12
" I want to see it compared to sales of AC2, that'd be more meaningful"

bepatient
Posted 03:50pm 07/11/12
Why all the hate towards Revelations? Was a good fun game which gave me hours (~20) of fun.

Speaking of AC3 - anyone found any awesome prices for it? I can't even find it listed barely anywhere
DeadlyDav0
Posted 03:52pm 07/11/12

My go to site for comparing CD key prices.
Posted 04:02pm 07/11/12
I don't hate Revelations, I just felt no real need to play it since it was just more of the same and I'd already my fill of it with AC2 and Brotherhood (even Brotherhood I didn't play much of, so I guess I'd really had my fill of it with just AC2). I'm guessing by the low sales numbers (well, relatively low for a big title) and the lacklustre reviews that a decent amount of people felt similarly. If anything I think they damaged their brand a bit by stretching it was is essentially the store of AC2 out over three games. I've already run into a few people who are like "Nah, not going to bother with AC3, I'm over it after Revelations, had enough", even though imo AC3 is a better game and a true sequel thats worth playing, some people have burned out on the series a bit and moved on now.

I just watched videos on Youtube of the important story bits from Brotherhood and Revelations before I played AC3 and that was enough for me. I mean from what I played of Brotherhood it was a good game, but it really was just an AC2 expansion, it didn't really have that feeling of being something new. AC3 feels more like the "true" sequel to AC2 I guess, which is why I would have liked to see its sales compared to AC2 rather than AC2's slightly retarded cousin, but I guess that wouldn't have made their numbers look as impressive.
fryzeegunner
Posted 08:37pm 07/11/12
Khel is dead on
Infidel
Posted 08:43pm 07/11/12
I really did not mind more of the same so enjoyed Revelations. The setting of Turkeyland was nice too.