Organic Humans, an independent Australian developer, is preparing to launch a crowdfunding venture for their hopeful horror-themed first person exploration game Montas. Studio founder
Garth Robertson informs us that they'll be kicking off a campaign over on indiegogo
, appropriately on Halloween, to help get the game over the finish line for PC and Mac.
Montas is a first person exploration experience that focuses heavily on immersion, atmosphere, story and interactivity. The player is cast into a dark and mysterious world with little introduction, and must do what is necessary to survive on a twisted ride full of intrigue and drama.
With an aim for atmospheric immersion, and building on Unreal Engine 3, Organic Humans intends Montas to be compatible with the forthcoming Oculus Rift head-mounted display, and describes an assortment of ambitious features that hope to set it apart from the standard first person games:
- Run, hide or confuse your enemies
- Use the environment to your advantage, if it's not already out to get you
- Uncover vast underground labyrinths occupied by the unknown
- Discover secret areas and complete optional adventures
- Explore numerous environments and conditions; bright, dark, new, old, safe, dangerous, real and imaginary
- Persistent death no longer forces the player to retrace progress after failure, instead changes the direction and story of the game
Check out the latest trailer below (here in HD
), head over to Steam Greenlight
to give them an upvote, and keep an eye out for the Indiegogo campaign in a few days.