The latest high-profile project to hit the Kickstarter crowd is Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption, an adventure-style classic RPG from Corey and Lori Cole, best-known as the designers of the classic Sierra adventure series Quest for Glory.
Contrary to the suggestive name, the game doesn't appear to have anything to do with Nintendo's upcoming console, but it is primarily aiming at PC, and Mac, and will notably be utilising the Unity-based technology seen in MacGuffin's Curse
, the well-received adventure game from Melbourne indie developer Brawsome, who will also be collaborating on Hero-U.
In our genre-bending style, Hero-U combines classic RPG skills and combat with the rich character relationships of Persona, and the story and puzzles of Quest for Glory in a single challenging game experience.
- A classic role-playing game with exploration, combat, and skills
- Tactical combat that is much more than "hack and slash"
- A rich story that changes based on the way you play
- Characters with unique personalities and their own agendas
- Adventure-style puzzles that are an integral part of the story
Hero-U's crowdfunding effort is off to a confident start with almost a quarter of the reletively modest US$400,000 goal pledged before the end of its first day from 1,500 backers.
Watch the pitch video below, and head over to the Kickstarter page
if you feeling like tossing some change into their hat.