Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Dan @ 10:53am 11/09/12 | 7 Comments
As reported yesterday, the expected launch of Steam's television-tailored "Big Picture" interface has kicked off today with a public beta-test, offering PC gamers (Mac support reportedly coming later) a tidier way of playing their Steam library games in a lounge-room environment.

An introduction video offers a quick overview of the features, which includes control-pad support for every Big Picture approved game, as well as a nifty interface for typing with a control-pad, as well as a custom-designed web browser that's also designed to be navigated with a dual-stick controller.

Check out the clip below (here in HD), and head over to Steam for details on how to get in on the beta.

Timmeh
Posted 11:13am 11/9/12
"plus a web browser for the TV that doesn't suck"

haha brilliant
Rominion
Posted 05:17pm 11/9/12
I thought Microsoft would have done all of this already.. Seems to me that technology companies are behind the times in regards to development from ideas lately. I guess the generation of stupidity is at hand, so i can not expect to much.
Whoop
Posted 05:23pm 11/9/12
can you get a vga - hdmi adapter? (the laptop only has vga out, no hdmi)

MS have the xbox for gaming on TV's, they know PC users don't want an inferior controller anywhere near them so everything in windows is designed for the far superior mouse and keyboard combination.
Fasty
Posted 05:46pm 11/9/12
Oh man this is AWESOME. Now to figure out how to set my computer to automatically launch Steam in full-screen and pair my PS3 controller when I switch it on.

Oh yeah, keyboard is totally superior in third person games and racing games, what with its eight binary degrees of input. Mouse is also amazing when you want to play on the 40" TV from the lounge.
Mantorok
Posted 05:53pm 11/9/12
can you get a vga - hdmi adapter? (the laptop only has vga out, no hdmi)
Yeah, but it'll probably introduce some input lag from the signal conversion.
Whoop
Posted 07:13pm 11/9/12
Yeah, but it'll probably introduce some input lag from the signal conversion.

I'm talking about crappy games like peggle or the sims n s***. I doubt input lag would be an issue. Also I forgot, it doesn't matter because I think the TV has VGA input anyway. lol @ me.

Is it possible to use an xbox controller as a mouse? like, move the cursor around & do everything as if it was a mouse?
Fasty
Posted 11:21pm 11/9/12
Xpadder will do that: http://xpadder.com/ but it costs $10. Great little program though, especially for games with no controller support.

If you have a PS3 controller Motioninjoy will do it http://www.motioninjoy.com/