We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Post by Eorl @ 02:07pm 06/09/12 | 12 Comments
Big Men Games has today released a new trailer for their upcoming indie strategy RPG titled GUTS. While the gameplay shown is that of the alpha stage, what really stands out is the lacking comments from your usual source of enthusiastic game reviewers.

Instead, the studio has opted to use what can only be considered as "troll" comments from their recent YouTube videos. The included comments stem from personal attacks to one of the team members - Chris Haga - who previously worked at Blizzard for over eight years, through to attacks on the game itself and even going so far as calling it a Diablo 3 clone.

Most people would simply ignore the quite toxic zone known as YouTube comments, but with a sense of humour Big Men Games seems to come out on top in this trailer. You can check it out below (HD over here) and you can also try out the alpha version of the game at their official website.

gutsyoutube commentstrollsblizzarddiablo 3

thermite
Posted 02:15pm 06/9/12
Whoever made this video thinks I can read twice as fast as I can. And my English is rather good...
Zakson
Posted 02:21pm 06/9/12
I think I agree with the troll comments :/

Should probably show something closer to a finished product when putting your work up against negative comments. Definitely didn't come out on top imo.
Nerfy
Posted 02:28pm 06/9/12
I'm amused, though unfortunately don't really find little games like that attractive. I'm an AAA junkie whore.
niteheh
Posted 03:25pm 06/9/12
HAGA SMASH
Bah
Posted 05:28pm 06/9/12
And my English is rather good...
There's your problem, it's youtube comments.
Rolly-
Posted 05:33pm 06/9/12
Yeah...they didn't really seem to come out on top to me.
Whoop
Posted 06:00pm 06/9/12
when I saw the title I thought someone had made a video of these stories. <- bit on the NSFW side if your work is full of nancy pants, also if you're a nancy pant don't be eating while you read it.
Viper119
Posted 07:04pm 06/9/12
The game doesn't look great, why are they always on a small square of land with nothing else?
Whoop
Posted 08:57pm 06/9/12
someone said sandbox, they thought it was sandpit.
Timmeh
Posted 09:56pm 06/9/12

what the actual f***
carson
Posted 09:00am 07/9/12
I think it looks alright. Though I do enjoy indie games quite a lot.

Given it's in alpha, the game probably has a while to go to get polished. I'll keep an eye on it though.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 09:43am 07/9/12
Looks interesting but the dude seems always to be surrounded by enemies. Maybe they are just testing combat?