to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Death Awaits!
It's finally here - has Blizzard managed to deliver on a series promise with Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls? We answer that question in great detail in our in-depth review!
Post by Dan @ 12:27pm 23/08/12 | 11 Comments
As the first project at new independent studio 22 Cans, since his recent departure from Lionhead, famed developer (Fable, Populous) Peter Molyneux's Curiosity is being pitched as the first of 22 experiments.

All we know so far is that the game will feature a giant cube made up of an unspecified number of small cubes that players are tasked with chipping away at to reach a single core treasure, and that eager fortune seekers will be able to purchase tools to mine more efficiently, including a ludicrous one-of-a-kind diamond chisel priced at GBP£50,000 .

It sounds like all the worst bits of a freemium title and very little of the good so far, but it is an "experiment after all", so watch the debut trailer below if you want to remain completely mystified. Personally though, we much prefer this parody trailer released by the Internet's greatest Twitter doppelgänger Peter Molydeux.

Curiosity is now due to launch on iOS in September 2012.

ravn0s
Posted 12:41pm 23/8/12
someone will buy the chisel.
eski
Posted 12:43pm 23/8/12
What has Peter Molyneux ever done that is profound? Why does he feel like he deserves this special spot as gaming's greatest visionary? I always feel like I'm missing something when it comes to the ludicrous way in which he presents himself. People like Jason Rohrer and Jenova Chen have created far more insightful games than Molyneux every made.
Nerfy
Posted 12:48pm 23/8/12
He's a walking hype machine, but I loved the shit out of the black & white games (due to not having been exposed to the hype which left other people disappointed, most likely).
eski
Posted 12:52pm 23/8/12
Oh shit, I totally forgot about black and white, those games were actually pretty creative. And Bullfrog.... damn my memory is short.
skythra
Posted 12:56pm 23/8/12
Fable 3 sucked, anyone who says different is lying or hasn't played a good game. Leave it out of your resume Peter!
trog
Posted 01:21pm 23/8/12
I continue to be confused and enraged.
trog
Posted 01:22pm 23/8/12
What has Peter Molyneux ever done that is profound?
Populous. One of the best games I've ever played, ever. I still bust it out on occasion. They have it at the ACMI exhibit in Melbourne; I got sucked into playing and could barely drag myself away.
eski
Posted 01:32pm 23/8/12
Yeah true....... bah, you guys with your facts getting in the way of a good screed.
glynd
Posted 01:50pm 23/8/12
don't forget Dungeon Keeper and Theme Park ... don't worry, I did the same thing not so long ago haha. "Why is he so important? Oh ... that's why"
PRiME
Posted 03:44pm 24/8/12
Chipping away all day at a black cube, yes sure that sounds like a exciting roller coaster ride. Count me in!!!

/ sarcasm
Dothtin
Posted 04:20pm 24/8/12
So chipping at a black cube doesn't sound like a roller coaster? Dang.