Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Post by Eorl @ 03:44pm 13/07/12 | 20 Comments
It seems Blizzard has silently flicked the switch to allow gold selling and buying for their rapidly clicking RPG, as players on the official forums and those in-game are noticing the option is now available in the Real Money Auction House.

Currently priced at $2.50/million, the gold section of the RMAH is causing quite a stir in the player base, with a mad rush to sell off all unused and unwanted gold for real-life dollars, moving the base price around as quickly as a teleporting imp.

diablo 3gold sellingrpgblizzard
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£17.99!

reload!
Posted 03:48pm 13/7/12
lol
just f*****g lol
Sc00bs
Posted 04:23pm 13/7/12
Remember back in the day when you could enter a cheat code into a game and get ingame credits... now we are paying extra for the cheats, extra for 'dlc' addons that are cut out bits of the original game half the time and now even whingy f*****s crying about selling second hand games/ not getting there share for online play..

The gaming industry is going to s***
Posted 04:30pm 13/7/12
Reckon, that gaming industry is such a sellout. Since they went mainstream they're just phoning it in, totally liked their old stuff better than their new stuff. I was into gaming before it was cool.
Crakaveli
Posted 04:31pm 13/7/12
oh look, its khel defending something. how original.
Stalfax
Posted 05:05pm 13/7/12
I think in about 100 hours I've gained about 2 million gold.... so $2.50 or 50 hours (non-inferno character)... seems legit
Gloth
Posted 05:22pm 13/7/12
Sigh .. this stuff just feels wrong .. I play to escape real life .. the place where work and bills and parking fines and traffic jams and .. you get the idea .. so when my game is invaded by real life money ... Siiigh.
carson
Posted 05:29pm 13/7/12

DK
Posted 05:32pm 13/7/12
It's not a bad thing in my opinion. Games are finally making it so you can play for a living. I think that this could be the kick start it needs. Maybe one day you can say your hobby is gaming without the stigma
Mosfx
Posted 05:33pm 13/7/12
I lost interest in Diablo 3 so f*****g fast. It was boring as bat s***, even playing hardcore with a friend. Day-Z has clocked way more hours than D3 ever will for me. F*****g love that game. Dota 2 as well. I can have fun in these games, whereas Diablo 3 felt like a chore. Grinding to get xp and loot. No thanks.

Yeah I'm the same, finished it in normal tried to play nightmare but grew bored of it fast for the same reasons as you.
Posted 06:58pm 13/7/12
oh look, its khel defending something. how original.

Yeah, I'm not very good at this internet thing. I wish I could ride the hate bandwagons and making sweeping generalisations like all the cool kids but I just can't get the hang of it :(
WirlWind
Posted 07:44pm 13/7/12
I was hating things before it was cool, screw you all :P
Superform
Posted 10:28pm 13/7/12
30c/mil in eu
kirkoswald
Posted 01:10am 14/7/12
LOL people still play that game?
infi
Posted 01:25am 14/7/12
and i heard you can trade in-game items for real money too. this is messed up
deeper
Posted 02:16am 14/7/12
The auction house killed the game before it even got off the ground as far as I am concerned. I never played earlier diablo games but from what I have experienced the option to sell stuff has resulted in less sharing between mates and more of a onemanshow in regards to character advancement.

Combine that with the fact that the advancement only makes the shallow (and repetative content - aside from scaling difficulty) easier overall [until the next expansion gets released and everything is redundant] I just don't see a reason to be into this game.

That being said, I'll happily jump on for a bash every now and then like most games in my collection. So like, 1-2 hours a fortnight tops.

Surprisingly, SC2 had a larger lifepan than D3 for me, and RTS is my least appreciated genre.
Dazhel
Posted 04:19am 14/7/12
Games are finally making it so you can play for a living.

For the princely wage of $0.05 per hour!
carson
Posted 09:57am 14/7/12

This is exactly what killed it for me. I never cared for the AH, but my friend did, so he was reluctant to share items with me. Or if items where shared, it was under the condition they be returned. The AH made sharing less of the norm, as it was in D2.
tvcars
Posted 10:58pm 15/7/12
The poor itemization was part of the train wreak, the lack of any effective customization of items is another serious flaw in the game. Its a weak shadow of its former but with this centralized looting system which is the auction house system it has ruined the entire spirit of the game.

Also you would think that by now and with all the money Blizzard have made over the years that there would be more servers. 300 ping singleplayer mode only with constant disconnects equals a lot of people that will seriously think before ever purchasing another Blizzard product again, myself included.
Vash
Posted 12:07am 16/7/12
the game was only fun for me the first few playthroughs. I stopped playing the moment it turned into a grindfest, which is inferno. So i was happy enough to stop after finishing hell.
Superform
Posted 01:25am 16/7/12
tbo i think sc ah doesnt work because there is no way to remove gear from the game and you continue to collect gold..

the HC version of the game is 1000x better

no rmah
affordable prices
better community

i'm still really enjoying playing my monk in act 2 inferno

we will see what happens when I finish diablo in HC - maybe then my interest will wane