beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Dan @ 04:55am 05/06/12 | 11 Comments
Ahead of their own press conference, Ubisoft have revealed the next title in their long-running stealth action series at the Xbox Media Breifing, showing gameplay demonstration of Splinter Cell Blacklist:
The United States has a military presence in two thirds of countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on U.S. interests. Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed 4th Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero.
A trailer showing the gameplay demonstration is now online for your viewing pleasure and you can watch it embedded below.
In this video, Creative Director Maxime BĂ©land introduces the first gameplay video for Splinter Cell Blacklist. Sam inflitrates a camp near the Iran/Iraq border, where Fourth Echelon has located a terrorist leader.
Splinter Cell Blacklist is due for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Autumn 2013 (US Spring).

Lithium
Posted 05:04am 05/6/12
Having not playd any of the splinter cells, that actually looks fun.
Ghost_47
Posted 08:41am 05/6/12
What happened to Michael Ironside :(
BladeRunner
Posted 09:30am 05/6/12
Looks good but I don't like that tag and auto shoot thing. I assume they made that "improvement" for consoles lol.
Posted 10:51am 05/6/12
Is this a prequel? Cos if not, Sam Fisher seems to be getting younger every game =\

The tag and execute thing was in the last Splinter Cell too, its not something you can do non-stop, you have to recharge it.
Trauma
Posted 01:13pm 05/6/12
Could not even finish the vid, expected as much.
Trauma
Posted 06:42pm 07/6/12
Posted 10:34pm 07/6/12
Why are people acting suprised/butthurt? Its the same as the last Splinter Cell game, it had less stealth and more run and gun action too, and it was f*****g awesome fun. They've said in the past their goal moving forwards with the Splinter Cell games is to make you feel like more of a Jack Bauer style badass, and I think they really pulled it off in Conviction, and it looks like they've pulled it off in this one too.

I guess if you really liked the stealth, then you might not like it as much anymore, but I would have thought the time to get upset about it was when Conviction came out, not when the second game thats adopting this style of play is coming out. Personally I enjoy Splinter Cell more and more the less stealth there is in it, I'm too impatient for most stealth games :P

I think this new one looks great though, the gameplay demo for it was one of the few things worth watching in the XBox 360 press conference, I'm really looking forward to it now :)
Trauma
Posted 11:37pm 07/6/12

I hated Conviction too. It took too much away from Splinter Cell just to make it better fit a controller. Hence why I expected this to look s***.
Infidel
Posted 02:38am 08/6/12
looks a bit too much like assassins creed
Posted 09:01am 08/6/12

Pretty sure thats not the reason they changed it, since every Splinter Cell from the beginning were made as console games and played on controllers.
Trauma
Posted 10:26am 08/6/12

Was the logical conclusion when the added auto-aim and removed an ass load of gadgets. Taking away his stealth tools and encouraging more shootouts, no longer Splinter Cell.