Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 10:30am 01/06/12 | 11 Comments
Provided it's not banned here in Australia, NetherRrealm's newly announced fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us, sounds very promising.

Set within the DC Universe, players will be able to dabble with the fighting skills of the likes of Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Solomon Grundy, Harley Quinn and beyond. They're also touting that this particular fighting will feature a "deep, original story featuring a large cast of favourite DC Comics icons".
Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.
"With Injustice: Gods Among Us, we are creating an all-new franchise with incredible battles set in the DC Comics Universe,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (via press release). “NetherRealm Studios is the extremely talented team behind the latest Mortal Kombat hit and it is developing a game unlike any other in the fighting genre.”

"We can’t wait to reveal Injustice: Gods Among Us because it will give our fans and gamers an epic experience as they battle like gods as their favourite DC Comics villains and heroes,” added Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters.”

The official website holds no other info barring a background image of The Flash, Wonder Woman and what looks like Superman in his Zack Snyder garb, as well as a "World Premier Trailer Coming Soon" place-holder. Here's hoping we get to see the game in action at this year's E3.

Update: Watch the debut trailer below or here on our HD video page.

mortal kombatwarner bros. interactivebatmandc comicsinjustice gods among us

Posted 10:39am 01/6/12
The DC fanboy in me wants to jump up and down yelling "F*** yeah!" but memories of DC vs MK take the edge off my excitement a bit.

I guess its a different story now, they're a new studio, and they've proven themselves with an awesome new MK so hopefully they're left to do this their way with minimal intrusions from WB. And I spose they wont be under pressure to make it like MK since its purely a DC thing, and they already have a reinvented MK franchise to run with.

I really, really liked the story mode in the new MK too, so that could be pretty epic fun if they do a similar sort of thing for this game.
Steve Farrelly
Posted 10:45am 01/6/12
Yeah, I basically have the same sentiments as you Khel. Also, I'm excited as all hell that they specifically mentioned Solomon Grundy in the press release :)
Mr DVS
Posted 08:16pm 01/6/12
Very interesting! Though they better have a good explanation as to how Batman was able to "super" kick Grundy through a building...
ravn0s
Posted 08:32pm 01/6/12

you should watch the trailer.
Posted 08:33pm 01/6/12
Looks fun!
paveway
Posted 08:43pm 01/6/12
Looks awesome but I realised after I got mk last year that fighting games suck when you have no one else to play with
Posted 09:01pm 01/6/12
Yeah, it sucked especially hard for MK since it wasn't released here, so playing it online was pretty much worthless; nine times out of 10 I ended up in laggy, unplayable games with people from overseas.
Reverend Evil
Posted 10:51pm 01/6/12

Yep. My copy just sits here gathering dust. They need to make some type of MMO where the characters have those type of fighting moves plus other skills as well. Be awesome fun leveling up something with cool martial arts abilities.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 01:29am 02/6/12
I like that DC seem to be relaxing with their IP a little more... but tbh I don't know that MK is a particularly good fighting game when you remove the ultra-violence, and staple characters.

I play the MK games for 'Toasty's, Fatalities, Sub-zero and Scorpion.
Posted 01:48am 02/6/12
Did you play the new one? I thought that stood up really well as a fighting game outside of its gimmicks and violence, they did a pretty awesome job on it
IVY_MiKe
Posted 01:59am 02/6/12
Did you play the new one?

I sure did, and I rated it too!

I played a few of the MK Titles on PS2 also, they were great MK games. (I don't recall names atm, but one introduced an 'adventure mode' which seems to be what the SP from the current game was based on)

The current game is great (IMO) because it celebrates everything that was epic about MK as a 2 dimensional game, and presents it in good-looking 3D and at a high number of frames a second! (and in graphic detail).

I'm no 'fighting game afficionado' but I think the controls on the current MK title are very sharp, however Fighting games (certainly true in the case of the MK franchise) don't seem to have embraced '3D gaming' very well at all.