beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Dan @ 07:52am 22/05/12 | 11 Comments
Disregarding the original Spring 2012 (US Fall) target, SEGA and Gearbox have today officially announced a specific release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines, now a few months later on February 12th 2013, for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
“I am thrilled to announce the definitive launch date for Aliens: Colonial Marines,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. “Aliens: Colonial Marines is the culmination of a life-time of inspiration from the films and relentless passion and drive from the exceptionally talented development team behind the scenes.”

“We knew this game would be incredible from the moment Gearbox began developing Aliens: Colonial Marines,” said, Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing for SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. “Now that the title is in its final stretch of development, we can confidently release the exact date that gamers will finally get to experience this blockbuster thrill-ride.”
Check out the new trailer embedded below (or here for the HD option). Marines, we are leaving!

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£17.99 (USD$19.99 on Steam)!

Enska
Posted 07:59am 22/5/12
F*** that looks dated. looks about as average as duke looked.
Hanger18
Posted 11:24am 22/5/12
Just thought the same thing, looks like a tweaked Duke Engine. Sad.
glynd
Posted 12:06pm 22/5/12
bah, i was looking forward to this one too. they better have some amazing gameplay to back up the dated graphics. the alien looked terrible
reload!
Posted 03:45pm 22/5/12
would be a shame to be involved in the development of this, having spent so long on it and knowing it's almost certainly going to flop.
trog
Posted 03:56pm 22/5/12
I still actually think it looks pretty cool :| The graphics aren't top notch but it looks like there's quite a lot of different stuff packed in there. As a big Aliens fan I still am keen to check it out to see if it captures any of the movie/s.

Does it have co-op? (if not WHY!@#)
DM
Posted 03:58pm 22/5/12
I want to know if it has a zombie type mode, where you hold out long as you can against aliens. If not then it can go bugger itself behind the bike shed
tspec
Posted 04:05pm 22/5/12
I believe co-op is confirmed. The graphics don't phase me too much as long as it's fun to play but I suspect I won't get around to playing unless at a lan perhaps, might be one for steam sales but I'll wait for some reviews first to if it's worth buying full price.
Shaexen
Posted 06:23pm 22/5/12
This one of those games that is going to be entirely amazing (despite aged graphics) or just f*****g terrible.
Mosfx
Posted 06:56pm 22/5/12

Does it have co-op? (if not WHY!@#)

I don't care about the graphics so much I think they will do the job fine, as long as the game creates that horror survival feeling I'll be happy as pig s***.
sLaps_Forehead
Posted 07:18pm 22/5/12
jeez you carnts are picky about graphics.

i dont care how s*** it looks just as long as the aliens aren't mongs like in the last avp game.
tHeBoRg
Posted 11:17am 23/5/12
Another Preview showing a bit more footage from the game...