We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Post by Dan @ 02:20pm 17/05/12 | 11 Comments
EA and Crytek have released a new batch of in-engine screen caps and concept art from the upcoming and very lush looking Crysis 3. You wouldn't know the game is supposed to be a first person shooter by looking at them though as all the images are once again gratuitously crafted scenes of urban-jungle action and dramatic pose-striking.
Crysis 3 is powered by Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE and advances the state of the art with unparalleled visuals and incomparable shooter sandbox gameplay. Taking place in 2047, Prophet returns to New York City on a revenge mission only to discover that the city has been encased in a nanodome (Liberty Dome) and has become overgrown with trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers – a veritable urban rainforest. Seven distinct natural environments become known as the Liberty Dome’s Seven Wonders, where nobody is safe.
Hit them thumbs below for the full gallery.

Crysis 3 is due on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in early 2013

crysis 3crytekeascreenshots
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£14.99!

maRtz
Posted 04:12pm 17/5/12
the whole bow and arrow is a bit stupid for me, but otherwise looks the goods.
mental
Posted 04:14pm 17/5/12
If it's fun, it's fun, hope it's a little more open than the last one though.
tspec
Posted 04:23pm 17/5/12
Image on the left looks very Predator inspired. I've not played Crysis since the original demo but that crossbow weapon he's carrying wouldn't be too different to using the rail gun yeah? Just nowhere near as epic as the Q2 rail gun.
demon
Posted 04:46pm 17/5/12
it looks like a compound bow with some weird looking attachments to me.
crossbow type weapons in other fps games like halflife2 & rage do act like a railgun... no gravity effect on the projectile & instant hit... which is pretty unrealistic (games lol) because arrows/bolts are heavy & slow (compared to bullets) & do not have a flat trajectory.

i like the look of the environment... i look forward to shooting arrows at it :)
fpot
Posted 05:59pm 17/5/12
Deus Ex crossbow owned.
parabol
Posted 07:18pm 17/5/12
I've inspected all the pixels and conclude that there is no in-game screenshot content in that gallery - it's all artwork.

The last pic is borderline but could just be pre-rendered CGI.

last edited by parabol at 19:18:50 17/May/12
tspec
Posted 07:48pm 17/5/12
it looks like a compound bow

ha, yes yes ok I don't know my bows.
cJay
Posted 08:20pm 17/5/12
I would have to agree with Parabol, next!
badfunkstripe
Posted 11:20pm 17/5/12
They've said it's more open than the last one.

A lot of people seem quite annoyed with the bow. The point of it is that it's a weapon that you can fire while remaining cloaked. Unlike the guns. Which apparently the game has more of than the previous ones.

I personally really enjoyed all the Crysis games.
Whoop
Posted 12:59am 18/5/12
Loved Crysis 1, didn't bother with Crysis 2, I'm all over Crysis 3 like a fly on a cow patty.

In Crysis I never understood why you couldn't fire while cloaked. I get that it drains your suit in strength mode and that a gunshot would attract attention anyway but to immediately drain your suit to 0 is beyond me. Rather than a bow, I'd prefer throwing knives or something. That way you don't have to search for ammo, like in modern warfare just throw them and go collect them when you're done.
badfunkstripe
Posted 12:51pm 18/5/12
You should check out Crysis 2. I've played it through 3 times.

The powersuit drain to 0 was annoying. Just a mechanism in there to make sure the suit was over powered.