Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 10:55am 08/05/12 | 21 Comments
Blizzard has been compiling some neat info for both Diablo III and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, the forthcoming expansion for their space-age RTS series.

First up, in the Diablo III camp, the team has put together a launch preparation guide that outlines all the basic steps required to get you into the experience as quickly and efficiently as possible including purchasing the game, creating a BattleTag, pre-installing the game and more. You can check it all out right here.

With StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Production Director, Chris Sigaty, has chimed in with details on what the team has been working with in regards to the expansion. The list details:
  • Multiplayer resume from replay
  • Global Play
  • Multilanguage support
  • Clan/group system
  • Unranked matchmaking
  • Multiplayer replay viewing
The update goes into detail on each design point, all of which you can view by clicking here.

And in case you missed it, you might want to check out our in-depth chat with Diablo III game director, Jay Wilson, right here.

Diablo III is due to hit PC and Mac on May 15.

diablo 3diablo iiistarcraft 2starcraft iijay wilsonheart of the swarm
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£17.99!

Hogfather
Posted 11:00am 08/5/12
DOTA2 has multiplayer drop in and drop out, why can't Blizz offer the same?

Resume from replay isn't going to help when you lose a teammate midgame. I know they don't really give a f*** about team games but this is a little disappointing, losing an ally is probably my #1 gripe about SC2 atm.
tvcars
Posted 12:44pm 08/5/12
So what's that like 11:01am here in Sydney? I hate time conversion, thought pmt was -3hrs est. I guess I'll find out one way or another hey :P
kirkoswald
Posted 12:47pm 08/5/12
How often do you lose team mates? As in d/c ? I can only think of a few times....
paveway
Posted 12:49pm 08/5/12
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so i have a collectors edition ordered from EB, it won't matter if i pre-load the game and shiz - it should be exactly the same yeah?

DM
Posted 12:51pm 08/5/12
Diablo 3 Launch Preparation Guide

coke, corn chips, bed pan and air freshener for the toxic gas that said coke and chips will cause.
Hogfather
Posted 12:58pm 08/5/12

When you're playing teams of 3 and 4 it happens more than you'd think, enough to be rage inducing - its not just DC its also game client crashes etc. Pretty much anytime you can't connect to BNet for more than a minute your entire game is hosed.

I've played about 20 or so games of DOTA2 and I can think of 3-4 cases where the game was saved by a player being able to walk back in. It just feels so f*****g primitive in SC2 in comparison. I was talking to a mate the other day about how awesome it would be to be able to spectate delayed live games.

S*** like that is amazing, and SC2 is spruiking the ability to watch a bloody replay at the same time? Really? If they really want to do something AMAZING then they should add the ability to record an audio track into a replay while you're watching it so you could download a hundred meg file instead of streaming HD video from youtube...
paveway
Posted 01:10pm 08/5/12

haha i keep telling the missus that i am going to build in the door to the computer room and leave but a small hole for food and waste to be exchanged through
fpot
Posted 01:14pm 08/5/12
I am kind of jealous that I don't like the Diablos and hence can't look forward to this game :(
ShOdDy
Posted 02:06pm 08/5/12
Does anyone know what time diablo 3 will be released? from what i read it will be 0000 PDT which is 5pm here on the 15th.

Can someone confirm this?
csirac
Posted 02:10pm 08/5/12
5pm confirm
glynd
Posted 02:13pm 08/5/12

Can someone confirm this?

confirmed mate ;)

New Zealand Standard Time: 7:00 PM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 5:00 PM
Australian Central Standard Time: 4:30 PM
Australian Western Standard Time: 3:00 PM
Mosfx
Posted 03:07pm 08/5/12
wee one week ONE WEEEEEEEK
tvcars
Posted 03:25pm 08/5/12
That's not to be confused with install time. I already knew you could play at 17:00 15th May AEST but you can install early that's what the article is about. :) You can install on the 14th May.
Eorl
Posted 03:33pm 08/5/12
Yes you can install Diablo 3 on the 14th of May, however launch time is 5:01PM AEST.
Mosfx
Posted 03:42pm 08/5/12
Cool gives me something to do on Monday while waiting for Game of Thrones to download.
Posted 04:05pm 08/5/12
Well its 8am May 14th, US time, so thats probably still May 15th here anyway
Nathan
Posted 07:32pm 08/5/12
Its 16 hours before launch time, so you can install from 1am May 15th AEST.
Viper119
Posted 03:04am 09/5/12
Is it not possible to get to that awesome site they had up before? With the interactive sanctuary map and history/lore bits? I can't seem to find it.
csirac
Posted 12:20pm 09/5/12
A little something that concerned me.

Found this little quote today.

I downloaded the UK version of the game by mistake. Will I be able to login to my US account using it or do I need the US client?
Global Play will be disabled until after US launch, so I don't think you'll be able to connect. Best to get the correct one.

Now what this means is the guy posting is not 100% sure and contradicts previously known info. Based on all information that's been released so far, the time you can log into d3 is based on the region of your battle net account, NOT the localised version of your client that you've downloaded.

A few weeks back when I bought the digital copy, blizzard automatically chose the Great Britain version to download and I'm guessing most people in Aus who have done the same will have downloaded that version too.

The risk is low that the client will be used to determine if you will be able to log in come 5pm but the above blue post does put it under a cloud. So if you can spare another 8gig download I would suggest to download the US version as well just in case.

Link to localised version here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/qxyxm/diablo_3_windows_and_mac_download_links_all/

edit: eu unlocks earlier than US anyway but i'm going to download for that 1% chance of it stuffing up.
eski
Posted 04:02pm 09/5/12
Need someone to take this Diablo newb under their wing on launch day.
DM
Posted 04:10pm 09/5/12
Provided the servers don't implode. Need to find that post that had everyone's names in it so we can fill our friends list and never be short of games to join in on