beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Dan @ 12:22pm 10/04/12 | 10 Comments
The Nintendo 3DS continues to enjoy healthy second year sales following a sketchy first year, with the latest show of strength being the Japanese sales data from Media Create (via Andriasang) showing that the glasses-free 3D handheld accounted for almost 65 percent of total console hardware sales in the country -- and that's of all games consoles, not just portable ones.

However, Nintendo have never been ones to rest on their laurels and the quirky Japanese innovators still obviously want a bigger piece Western markets for the 3DS, so here's their latest attempt at that -- an odd "viral video" commercial featuring Joel McHale, star of the TV show Community and gamer (who has also hosted Ubisoft's E3 press conference a couple of times).

It's not particularly hilarious, but it is reasonably clever and not the usual kind of promo we see from Nintendo either, so we thought we would share. Check it out below (or click here for HD.

Outlaw
Posted 12:26pm 10/4/12
intern, bam
Kiminoth
Posted 12:51pm 10/4/12
Not too bad, definitely not the worst advertisement i've ever seen.
Beanith
Posted 01:48pm 10/4/12
Got back from Japan recently and I took my 3DS along. My god the amount of Street Pass hits I got whilst I was there was insane. One day I got over 300 unique hits in one day. Every man and his dog must of had one on them.

Walking around Brisbane on Saturday I was lucky to get two... so yeah, more sales in the West please, maybe we'll get some more games here if that happens.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass if you're wondering what I'm on about
GaZZa
Posted 02:12am 21/4/12
worst ad ever...
Damo
Posted 08:04am 21/4/12
wtf did I just watch..

Is this joel mcstooge meant to be funny?
Nerfy
Posted 08:14am 21/4/12
Haha I thought that was fantastic.
Jayman
Posted 09:07am 21/4/12
Lame!
TicMan
Posted 09:14am 21/4/12
Jesus that was boring, would have preferred a proper ad.
$ack
Posted 02:09pm 21/4/12
Whilst it wasn't the worst ad I've seen, the first thing that came to my mind was 'this seems as lame as Community Season 3'.

Why has community gone down the s****** so hard :\
tspec
Posted 02:33pm 21/4/12
Why has community gone down the s****** so hard :\

Seems to have been a lot less Chang in season 3, apart from the beginning of the season when he first became the security guard and that brilliant film noir episode they did.