Ubisoft has revealed that their post-apocalyptic survival title, I Am Alive, released as a digital download, will be arriving for PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network on April 4 and will come accompanied with an iOS companion app. The game has already been available on Xbox Live Arcade for a few weeks now, and has been met with mixed reviews, despite having been in development since 2008.
I Am Alive follows an everyman’s journey to find his wife and daughter, who were lost during the “Event.” A year later, he finds Haventon, his hometown, in shambles. Buildings are destroyed, toxic ash fills the streets and society has been torn, causing inhabitants to take all necessary actions to survive.
In I Am Alive, players will be challenged by both the environment and the enemies. Stamina and resource management are key when being exposed to deadly atmospheres and scaling enormous buildings in search of supplies. The unique combat system requires players to utilise intimidation - cowards are easily swayed with an empty gun, while other enemies will put players to the test.
Also available is a FREE iOS companion App, which features:
- A ‘photo mode’ that let you create your own I Am Alive-themed photos
- Original game soundtrack, including 6 tracks exclusively composed for the App
- A Street map of the main game area with exclusive hints from the developers
- List of all resources from the game detailing the level of rarity and effects on health, stamina and stamina capacity
- List of all Achievements and Trophies with check/uncheck tracking feature
- 5 videos including a trailer, a making and the 3 “survivor tapes”
- Over 50 production concept arts, promotional artworks and screenshots.
You can actually grab the app now by clicking here
. And be sure to check out our review of I Am Alive on Xbox Live Arcade right here