AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Post by d^ @ 09:38am 23/02/12 | 25 Comments
The developers over at Valve headquarters have just updated their Counter-Strike blog asking players to take part in a Steam survey for their upcoming title Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (thanks ^d).
Last week we launched the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta by giving 7,000 keys to current CSS and CS 1.6 players. Monday 2,000 keys went out to community sites around the world.
Today we are opening up our online survey to everyone. The next keys will be sent on the basis of this survey. If you don’t fill it out, you won’t be getting a key.
Over the coming months we will make selections from the survey participants. Sometimes we might add experienced players, other times new players. Sometimes 1.6 players, sometimes CSS players, sometimes people who have played neither.
So if your eager to help out and also try your luck at securing a beta key, then head over to the survey page which will open up a external program in Steam to scan your computer. As always, you can check out our game page for all the latest in news, trailers and screenshots.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£11.99 (USD$14.99 on Steam)!

ctd
Posted 09:49am 23/2/12
Sweet. Will swap my d3 beta account for a CS beta key.
glynd
Posted 12:59pm 23/2/12
"Which of these maps do you prefer to play?"

B****, where's de_cbble or de_aztec on that list!?!
Bobblybook
Posted 04:09pm 23/2/12
Sweet. Will swap my d3 beta account for a CS beta key.

Here's hoping I win a cs beta key then, since I'm boned atm for the D3 keys :(
reLapse
Posted 06:37pm 23/2/12
I hope I get in but with the majority of my cs hours being back when WON and No-WON existed I highly doubt it.
thermite
Posted 06:48pm 23/2/12
lol i've never really been one for economics let alone weighing up my choices in counter-strike. I just go based on what weapon I feel like using, if I need to eco for that, so be it. I've never been good at awping because... well.. no skills. Give me an auto shotty + a good hiding spot and I'll make your children cry.
Timmeh
Posted 06:52pm 23/2/12
"Which of these maps do you prefer to play?"

B****, where's de_cbble or de_aztec on that list!?!

or militia
slamma
Posted 11:00pm 23/2/12
Man with me,my bro and a couple mates playing cs on my account i've got over 900 hours logged on css.Wonder if that deserves a crack.
Shark
Posted 11:07pm 23/2/12
Just give me a deagle acouple of flashs grenades and some kevlar and im sweet
natslovR
Posted 07:36pm 12/5/12
i signed in to Steam for the first time in yonks (to buy Arma 2) and found out I got on this beta. Thanks for the heads-up about the survey.

downloading now.
thermite
Posted 07:45pm 12/5/12
I got the beta after buying the "Id pack" (or whatever it's called) on wolf 3d's birthday.
ravn0s
Posted 08:54pm 12/5/12
sweet, i got an invite too.
konstie
Posted 10:06pm 12/5/12
i got a beta invite as well! ooooo!
Whoop
Posted 10:14pm 12/5/12
which will open up a external program in Steam to scan your computer
Which does what? Is this the hardware survey they do or do they scan it for previous versions of CS? What if I used to play cs 1.6 and CSS but no longer have them installed?

edit: Yep, hardware scan although "this data is not anonymous and will be shared with the author of the survey" is about all they have. No privacy disclaimers, no details about exactly WHAT info they take so they can go f*** themselves, I'll wait for the release.
ctd
Posted 11:02pm 12/5/12
Omg don't see my computer I'll have to employ Gene Hackman to get my name clear. In other news no beta key :( at least I love dota (thx reso <3
ravn0s
Posted 11:05pm 12/5/12

got something to hide have we?

:P
konstie
Posted 12:13am 13/5/12
f*** me, this game should be called "call of duty : counter strike"

5 man teams max. f*** me.
BlueWolf
Posted 12:21am 13/5/12
I got a dota 2 key if anybody has a CS:GO one to spare.

Just send me a PM =)
Whoop
Posted 01:10am 13/5/12
got something to hide have we?

:P

Maybe, maybe not. Without knowing exactly WHAT they're taking from my computer I won't know. Do they scan browser history? Banking details? My name and address? What?

Would you allow someone to come into your house and take random photos & collect random information about you without knowing what they're going to take? No, you wouldn't. Computer security is no different.
Timmeh
Posted 01:55pm 13/5/12
just got my key.

:) F*** YES
Dodgymon
Posted 02:38pm 13/5/12
You stink. I filled out this survey ages ago and still no key :(
Also added it to wishlist and I'd even preorder it if I could. :(
eXemplar
Posted 02:43pm 13/5/12
Dodgymon, pm me your email/steamid and I'll send you a copy.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:44pm 13/5/12
I too did the survey ages ago. O well, Dota2 is keeping me happy, and so will Diablo 3 soon.
step
Posted 02:45pm 13/5/12
I already filled this out ages ago, can't fill this out again :(
Timmeh
Posted 03:08pm 13/5/12
this game seriously kicks arse
AlphegA
Posted 06:56pm 16/5/12
Hello everybody! How do I get my hands into a CS:GO key? Sorry I'm just a rand0m noob