beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by trog @ 09:07am 22/02/12 | 5 Comments
Funcom have announced the release date for The Secret World - June 19th, 2012. Their first title since Age of Conan, TSW has been drawing attention with its impressive graphics and unique setting for an MMO:
“Allowing for even more time to polish the game really shows just how much faith Funcom as a company has in ‘The Secret World’ and how committed we are to making it the best it can be,” says Creative Director and Senior Producer Ragnar Tørnquist. “The additional time will also allow us to carry out even more quality beta testing, and soon we will also be announcing several public beta events where hundreds of thousands of gamers will get to test the game prior to launch.”
There's been over 750,000 people beta testing the game, with player surveys indicating that around 90% of them will be jumping into the game at launch.

We're hoping to catch up with Funcom at GDC again in a couple of weeks and as usual we'll be hammering them for more information, particularly around how everything will be glued together and how it will affect Australians - so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out our game page for info, screenshots and trailers.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£24.99 (USD$29.99 on Steam)!

Sile
Posted 09:12am 22/2/12
I wonder if it will fail like AoC did? Hopefully they learned quite a bit from AoC and don't make the same mistakes.
They still haven't finished the new engine for Anarchy Online.. that's been years and years of "Coming Soon".
Eorl
Posted 09:19am 22/2/12
They just need to make sure the beta's are limited to 1-20 and that there is actually content afterwards. Was so sad with all the voice acting in Tortuga and then suddenly it drops and everything just went to crap.

I'm going to be playing Tera, The Secret World AND Guild Wars 2. Holy crap. Also Faceman, this is your game right here.
Posted 10:47am 22/2/12
Yeah, this is pretty much the only other MMO that interests me at the moment, mainly cos of the setting, it sounds pretty different and interesting. And the investigation stuff sounds interesting too
Sile
Posted 10:56am 22/2/12
F***, I couldn't play 3 MMO's, Eorl!

I'll definitely try TSW while I wait for GW2.
Eorl
Posted 11:13am 22/2/12
F***, I couldn't play 3 MMO's, Eorl!I find it hard enough to play EVE Online.. and that's one of the only MMO's that progresses when you're not playing.I'll definitely try TSW while I wait for GW2.

Eh, I find it's more value for my money then going out and watching a movie. Though only 2 of those MMO's I'll actually be paying monthly for.