AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Post by trog @ 10:45am 06/02/12 | 9 Comments
Sony have revealed the latest data shows the PlayStation 3 was the best-selling console of 2011:
Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCE Aust.) today announced solid results for calendar year 2011, with official NPD Group Australia data confirming that PlayStation®3 (PS3™) console sales outperformed the competition, driven by a 24.85% year-on-year uplift in unit sales. The total PlayStation 3 platform – which aggregates platform hardware, software and peripheral device sales[1] – also delivered the greatest unit and value share to the Australian games industry, at 25% and 31% respectively. In Australia, the number one software title of 2011, Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, also sold the greatest number of units on the PS3 format.
Apparently the install base of PlayStation 3s in Australia is now around the 1.5 million mark; an impressive total.

ps3playstation 3australia

scuzzy
Posted 10:47am 06/2/12
Is there any independent reporting on these sales?
trog
Posted 10:51am 06/2/12
It's from NPD Group Australia, so its independent in the sense that it is not Sony data.

I'm trying to find someone at MS that we can get some current comparative figures about the Xbox, but out MS contacts are few and far between unfortunately.
Outlaw
Posted 11:30am 06/2/12
Sony leads console sales yet more than doubled its full-year net loss forecast to $US2.9 billion ($A2.7 billion)
maRtz
Posted 11:37am 06/2/12
I rage whenever I hear about modern warfare 3 stats and records..
Mosfx
Posted 11:48am 06/2/12
Does this take into consideration all the units they gave away with the Sony TV's?

They might have 1.5m units inside Australia, how many are actually being used, I had my PS3 stolen and I never replaced it.
simul
Posted 05:22pm 06/2/12

But now someone else is playing it :D
slamma
Posted 07:09pm 06/2/12
Even sony's ceo is saying the company is up the s***,one f*** up followed by another.
paveway
Posted 08:28pm 06/2/12
got a shred of evidence to back that up slamma noob ?
darkjedi
Posted 08:52pm 06/2/12
I suspect Slamma's referring to this article, with choice quotes from the new incoming CEO like:

"I thought turning around the PlayStation business was going to be the toughest challenge of my career, but I guess not," he said in an exclusive interview with The Wall Street Journal in January, talking about difficulties in fixing the electronics business. "It's one issue after another. I feel like 'Holy s—, now what?'"

and

"We really need to buckle down and be realistic," said Mr. Hirai, who plans a news conference Thursday. "I don't think everybody is on board, but I think people are coming around to the idea that if we don't turn this around, we could be sitting in some serious trouble."