AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Post by Dan @ 04:48pm 03/01/12 | 17 Comments
Some new images that purport to be screenshots and concept art from the upcoming South Park game have found their way online and while the jpeg quality is sketchy the timing of their release is unusual (US PR is still on holiday today) they don't appear to be scans from Game Informer's exclusive print magazine coverage.

As described in Game Informer's preview write-ups and interviews, you can see a few of the settings, characters and costumes from the game in these pics, including many South Park references such as the goth and ginger kids and the demilitarised zone between the Underpants Gnomes and the Crab People. Most importantly, the gameplay screens give a good idea of just how much like the tv show the in-game action is going to look as the creators have opted for 2D JPRG-like combat mechanics.

South Park: The Game is currently in development at Obsidian Entertainment and aiming for a late 2012 launch on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

south parkrpgobsidianscreenshots

Sc00bs
Posted 04:59pm 03/1/12
looks pretty cool, im assuming its going to be pay per month?
breno
Posted 05:00pm 03/1/12
It's probably just me but unless there's something ground-breaking about this release, i'm really disappointed that Game Informer decided to put this crap on their front cover. South Park died 10 years ago lol
ravn0s
Posted 05:10pm 03/1/12
South Park died 10 years ago lol

nope it's still going strong. sure some episodes are crap, but what show doesn't have bad episodes?
natslovR
Posted 05:15pm 03/1/12
I don't understand how this will work. Won't everyone want to be the characters they know? Will I look like cartman to me and my friends, but to another group I look like some no name retard?

This is a mmorpg right?
Mosfx
Posted 05:26pm 03/1/12
It isn't an MMORPG though?
ravn0s
Posted 05:28pm 03/1/12
This is a mmorpg right?

it's a single player rpg with jrpg elements, like turn based combat.

Sc00bs
Posted 05:29pm 03/1/12
ahh that will be sick then, no pay per month will be mega win
slamma
Posted 05:33pm 03/1/12
hope they don't f** it up.
konstie
Posted 06:04pm 03/1/12
hahaha i love the crab people song - looking forward to seeing the writers come up with!
fpot
Posted 08:49pm 03/1/12
Obsidian rule so I have high hopes for this game.
Raven
Posted 09:11pm 03/1/12
South Park died 10 years ago lol

Oh wow do you not know what you've been missing out on lately.

Season 15 of South Park was pure gold, it was the show I most anticipated the release of each week. I was gutted when I discovered it only ran for 14 episodes and that was all for the season, because it was just getting so good.

I highly recommend giving it a shot, it's come so far :)
konstie
Posted 09:56pm 03/1/12
Oh wow do you not know what you've been missing out on lately.

I highly recommend giving it a shot, it's come so far :)

this - it has only gotten better and better
infi
Posted 10:05pm 03/1/12
South Park is solid gold. Every week a new episode comes out is like Christmas for me. I can't wait to play this game, hopefully it's like Batman rich with all the show's lore.
fpot
Posted 10:08pm 03/1/12
Judging by some of your warped views infi I can only imagine that you don't get about 70% of SP jokes.
infi
Posted 10:14pm 03/1/12

All you do is judge. It's boring listening to someone so perfect.
Zak
Posted 11:06pm 03/1/12
I'm a big SP fan, but the last couple of seasons have been really hit and miss (more miss). I still stick with it though.