One of the stand-out features of BioWare's Acclaimed Mass Effect series has been the synthy sci-fi melodies that provide an amazingly appropriate ambiance to Commander Shepard's space faring adventures, so it's heartening to read EA's announcement today
that not only are the people responsible for these tunes returning for Mass Effect 3, but they're being joined by some more award winning industry veterans.
Like previous Mass Effect games, a number of talented composers will play critical roles in the game’s musical development, with direction led by BioWare’s acclaimed audio team. The roster of composers for Mass Effect 3 includes:
- Clint Mansell, Golden Globe nominated Hollywood composer recognized for scoring celebrated films including Black Swan, The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream.
- Christopher Lennertz, Emmy nominated Hollywood composer known for his work on the recent movie Horrible Bosses, also composed Mass Effect 2: Overlord, Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker, and won the Interactive Academy Award for Medal of Honor.
- Cris Velasco, known for composing the God of War series’ score, has also worked on downloadable content Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
- Sam Hulick, veteran to the Mass Effect series having composed the score for Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky and Mass Effect 2.
- Sascha Dikiciyan, video game industry veteran, known for composing the score for TRON: Evolution and the scores of Mass Effect 2: Kasumi and Mass Effect 2: Arrival.
Mass Effect 3 is due on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 6th 2012.