Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 12:23pm 07/11/11 | 14 Comments
Ubisoft have taken an unusual but welcome step in engaging the hardcore gaming community, first by trumping any inevitable unauthorised leak of their internal "targeted gameplay" video for the recently revealed Rainbow 6: Patriots, and secondly by suggesting that doing so will help the development team engage with the community to reach an even higher, communicative end result.

Rainbow 6: Patriots isn't due until 2013 which means the team do have plenty of time, so it'd be well worth investing your voice in the greater good to let them know if they're on the right track, or need to tone it down, or amp it up.

As it stands, I'm pretty sold on this "targeted gameplay" so far, though they could rein in the Heavy Rain stuff, just a little.

Watch the video embedded below, or click here for the HD option.

">

glynd
Posted 01:35pm 07/11/11
Looks pretty awesome. Am I going crazy or did I read something a while back saying they're trying to make it at bit more like the old games ala Raven Shield? If it goes back to that pure tactical, i'd be absolutely stoked for this game.
reload!
Posted 01:48pm 07/11/11
pretty hectic

could be made hammy by poor controls
D-Sub
Posted 02:18pm 07/11/11
I must be getting old, watching civilians getting shot even in video games makes me queasy these days. However I am a fan of Rainbow 6 and after Vegas I had kind given up on it. This looks like it could be much better.
Raider
Posted 03:12pm 07/11/11
yer the bit with a taxi and a civi woman getting shot through the back of the head was kinda nasty, wonder what rating it will get
ravn0s
Posted 03:25pm 07/11/11
it's not real gameplay guys, it's more like a proof of concept. a lot of that might not even make it into the actual game.
skythra
Posted 03:32pm 07/11/11

Sure, but
Displaying a positive attitude might actually encourage the devs (not that they're on this forum).
Morbz
Posted 04:41pm 07/11/11
wish the start had a pron scene before they bashed the door down haha
Boxhead
Posted 05:44pm 07/11/11
Ha, i loved the 'The NYPD are shooting the bomber, there's not enough time to radio them, take them out!' (all spoken over the radio of course :)
Mordecai
Posted 05:47pm 07/11/11

They would have meant "No time to go through official channels to try get a hold of someone who can tell them to stop shooting"

Shooting the copper made for a quicker smarter move.
Trauma
Posted 06:16pm 07/11/11
Not like they were not close enough to yell out to them or anything right?
Mosfxx
Posted 10:58pm 07/11/11
I'd like more movies from Clancy's novels, although I am keen for another R6 game <3 Raven Shield.
breno
Posted 04:27am 08/11/11
I hope they work on the facial animations...theres some constructive criticism for ya
WirlWind
Posted 07:14am 08/11/11
I heard the voice actor from Deux Ex HR?

Cool.

Not liking the QTE's though.

If I want a movie, I'll watch a fkn movie. If I want QTE's I'll hold a 360 pad in my hand and push X everytime someone does something...
euphoria
Posted 07:40am 08/11/11
That's okay, just ignore my thread from days ago. :(