Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:26pm 12/10/11 | 9 Comments
AusGamers recently spoke with Battlefield 3 producer, Patrick Liu, out at their EA Showcase in Las Vegas and posed a handful of community questions to him, as well as touched on a number of topics, including that glaring LAN situation.

"When we ship the game, we won’t have any LAN support," he asserted when we raised the topic.

"The main reason there is for security -- we want to have a secure game with less cheating and less piracy and all of that. With control of the servers, we have more control over that stuff.

"That said, we are investigating different solutions to that, where it doesn’t require as much bandwidth for example -- that may be one solution. But we most likely won’t have pure LAN support," he added.

We did, however, push the topic and received a "never say never" out of him on the idea of community hunger for the feature. We also talked about flying jets for newcomers, the potential for Bad Company series maps as DLC down the track, naval ships from 1942, co-op bots and PC dedicated server specifics.

Click here for the full interview.

casa
Posted 04:34pm 12/10/11
It's funny how when I first read this I was soo pissed off and butt-hurt, then I calmed down and realised I haven't actually lanned since the last QGL and stopped giving a s***.
ravn0s
Posted 04:55pm 12/10/11
pretty poor excuse. if someone is cheating at a lan, you just bash em.
Midda
Posted 04:57pm 12/10/11
I don't remember the last time I played a game over LAN.
parabol
Posted 05:06pm 12/10/11

What do they mean, they don't want the server binaries becoming public?
Hackers don't need that - they can just inspect client code and network traffic.

Or are they saying they want pure public servers? He seems to be cramming it all together as "that stuff".

What? I have no idea what that sentence means.
Eorl
Posted 05:10pm 12/10/11
I just want to be able to host a bloody server on my VPS that I rent. IS IT THAT HARD YOU MONEY GRUBBING WORMS!
casa
Posted 06:13pm 12/10/11
I thought you could, you just have to apply and prove you weren't a poof?
123kings
Posted 11:21pm 12/10/11
I miss LAN parties....
infi
Posted 12:19am 13/10/11
then organise one, oh right you don't miss them THAT much.
eXemplar
Posted 12:26am 13/10/11
I thought you could, you just have to apply and prove you weren't a poof?

You have to contact DICE to apply to be a server provider, either proving you have the backing (equipment and support wise) to host in a managed fleet, or pay them a lot of money.

AKA, you won't be able to run your own servers, but you will be able to "rent" one from a company.