For many of us, with a visual fidelity this good, Star Wars Battlefront is a fantasy come true. Does it live up to its own hype?
The Force Awakens in Star Wars Battlefront - Our Review!
Closing out the trilogy, Legacy of the Void will leave you complete and at a loss all in one!
StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void: Our In-Depth Review!
We knew it would be something, but we didn't quite know just how good that something would be!
Fall in Love with Fallout 4 - Our Complete Review!
We take on Lara's exploits once again. Is there enough treasure here for a true dig?
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Our In-Depth Review!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 10:26am 30/08/11 | 13 Comments
Obviously this news doesn't mean much for the digital crowd, but it's significant for the consolers out there, specifically Xbox 360 owners.

It turns out that Bethesda Game Studios' massive Skyrim game-world, with all that dialogue and a new game-engine to boot, will come packaged at retail on a single disc for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The news was confirmed by our friends over at RipTen at this year's PAX where they asked Art Director, Matt Carofano, how many discs the game would come on to which he simply replied "one".

When you consider L.A. Noire was a three-disc beast, that's a pretty decent effort on Bethesda Game Studios' part.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is due for a worldwide release on November 11 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. For more on the game, check out our recent hands-on preview.

the elder scrolls vskyrimbethesda game studiosxbox 360ps3
Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£27.99 (USD$34.99 on Steam)!

Posted 10:36am 30/8/11
i wonder if the ps3 version will look prettier than the 360 since they will be able to fit more on the bluray.
Posted 10:42am 30/8/11
to be honest, multi-disks don't bother me. i'd rather a great looking game on 4 disks than a culled version on 1.

then again, I'm buying skyrim on PC so it doesn't affect me what so ever.
Posted 10:47am 30/8/11
I totally agree. I had Neverwinter Nights on 7 discs (IIRC) and sure the installation and backing up was a b**** but IMO the game was certainly worth it. Im surprised my torrented 'trial' version of red faction armageddon came on 2 discs cause the graphics and framerate are totally s*** both on high or low graphics.
Posted 12:19pm 30/8/11
For consoles it makes sense. Having to change discs during game play would suck, as much as it's not the greatest thing to have to cut detail and content from the game to do so.

For PCs, it's a non-issue to have multiple install discs.
Posted 12:26pm 30/8/11
i wouldn't really care having to change discs. did it all the time with the ff games.
Posted 01:00pm 30/8/11
Yeah, personally I kinda like it. Takes me back to my ff days as Rav said.
Tim Tibbetts
Posted 01:05pm 30/8/11
Physical Media? Huh? What??
Posted 01:22pm 30/8/11
A game like Skyrim would prolly be hard to split over multiple discs though, since its so open world and you can essentially go anywhere any time. Like with a linear game its easy to split it, and then you only have to change discs once when you reach that point in the game, but how would they split a game like Skyrim? Would they put different parts of the map on different discs, so you'd be constantly having to switch back and forth depending which part of the world you were travelling to? That would get annoying really fast.
Posted 02:44pm 30/8/11
Actually, I completely forgot about hard disks on console, but then you still have to face the fact that some people don't have them.
Posted 03:20pm 30/8/11
Yeah given that explanation Khel I think I'd prefer the one disc :P
Posted 03:22pm 30/8/11
They probably absolutely butchered the textures too to make them fit.
Posted 03:30pm 30/8/11
Isn't RAM the bottleneck texture quality-wise on the 360?
Steve Farrelly
Posted 03:47pm 30/8/11
I've seen it up close and personal on 360, and the textures don't really take too much of a hit. In fact, they look better when walking up to a wall than in RAGE