We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by trog @ 01:33pm 12/07/11 | 11 Comments
The StarCraft 2 blog carries word a new feature is coming soon to Battle.net - region linking:
Region linking will benefit players in the connected regions in a number of ways. First and foremost, a linked community means a larger pool of players to improve our automated matchmaker. Whether you're an elite Grandmaster or a Bronze-league all-star, more players in the mix means that we'll be able to find you a matchup more quickly and more accurately. Players will also get access to a broader range of custom map games, which in turn means wider audiences for mapmakers. Those of you who have friends in the linked region will also be able to add them to your Battle.net friends lists once the region linking is complete.
The post also carries a FAQ with some more information, although nothing about Australia is mentioned specifically.

starcraft 2battle.net

trog
Posted 01:35pm 12/7/11
If someone who is neck-deep in SC2 can explain what this means for Aussies I'll update the OP!!
skythra
Posted 01:38pm 12/7/11
Hopefully, less wait times, and not having to play a gold game player when you're bronze.

Pings are meaningless as all the servers are still 200+ms
Seven
Posted 01:47pm 12/7/11

I bought SC2 from the UK, thinking I could still play on South East Asia (SEA) servers. I can't. So when I want to play (e.g. now), it's 5:30 am and no one is online in Europe. So instead of waiting 3 minutes for the servers to find me players, it takes 60 minutes.

Region linking will find me players from everywhere, and as skythra said, hopefully players with a similar ranking so it's more fun and you don't consistently demolish them or vice versa. This is VERY welcome!

Oh, nevermind, I'm still forced to play on the s***** European servers. It's only linking north america and latin america. A*******s. Nevermind that I request that I freaking be switched servers because I'm in Aus and can't find a damned game.
Tim Tibbetts
Posted 01:54pm 12/7/11
The only thing this means to AUS players is that when we jump onto the US server (as we have had that option for a while now) we may be matched against people in North America and Latin America.
Hogfather
Posted 01:57pm 12/7/11
Don't get excited:
In conjunction with the start of Season 3, we’ll be linking the European and Russian StarCraft II communities together; North America and Latin America will also be linked together, as will Korea and Taiwan.

...

All players in the linked regions will be connecting and playing through the same data centers that they were using prior to region linking, which is the main reason why linking these regions together is fairly straightforward. There should be no impact on game performance.

Looks like SEA will be a backwater still, only links to itself.

GG Blizzard
Axol
Posted 01:58pm 12/7/11
In short,

For aussies who play on the NA server, you'll get to play against latin america as well now.
For aussies who play on sea, no change what so ever at this stage.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 02:41pm 12/7/11
That sucks, I was hoping this was more referring to the US made map content being made available to SEA.

That's all I gave a s*** about when it came to region bsns in SCII
Llian
Posted 02:41pm 12/7/11
How about they 'region link' for pricing as well?
Hogfather
Posted 02:42pm 12/7/11
Yeh the SEA maps are balls, they need to link those map libraries at least.
d^
Posted 02:51pm 12/7/11
Hmm well, I bought the NA version of the game, I don't have access to SEA. I'm wondering if I have to get the expansion as NA or SEA? My mate who owns the SEA version has access to both, whereas I do not.
skythra
Posted 03:42pm 12/7/11
Lol all these people who bought versions from overseas despite the long and well published warnings on how sea was going to work with USW etc.