Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Post by Dan @ 03:40pm 18/05/11 | 8 Comments
Valve have let us know that the they have released a new downloadable book on Steam that recounts the behind the scenes developement process of the hugely popular Portal 2. Titled The Final Hours, the book can be purchased and downloaded from Steam for USD$1.99.
Journalist Geoff Keighley was granted unprecedented “fly on the wall” access to Valve to create this staggering 15,000 word multimedia experience. From the hush-hush Portal prequel that was shelved to the last minute scramble to complete the game’s story, The Final Hours of Portal 2 is a gripping and dramatic story brought to life by exclusive photos, videos, interviews, interactive experiences, and other surprises.
Portal 2 shipped on April 21st for PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. For more details on the game itself, swing by our in-depth review (AusGamers 9.8/10).

portal 2valve softwaresteambook
Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£17.97 (USD$19.99 on Steam)!

Nerfington
Posted 03:55pm 18/5/11
I swear, the Portal series must have the largest inverse relationship between the number of hours entertained by peripherally related media, and the number of hours spent actually playing the game itself.
Mr.Bumpy
Posted 04:18pm 18/5/11
Will download this on my iPad when I get home!
Ryan
Posted 03:09pm 20/5/11
Got this on iPad the day it released. An absolutely amazing read. A must for all Valve/Portal fans.
Reverend Evil
Posted 03:28pm 20/5/11
Nice

Portal 2 was such an awesome game. Really looking forward to reading this.
Nerfington
Posted 04:17pm 20/5/11
These are kind of cool, and slightly on topic
Reverend Evil
Posted 04:23pm 20/5/11
F*** that was an awesome read. Thanx to whoever posted this.

8-)
DeadlyDav0
Posted 05:14pm 20/5/11
Not interested in the book but just another +1 to purchasing Portal 2. Characters are great (not that i even care about them) and the puzzles are better than ever. I estimate im only 1/3 through but ive already had 2 puzzles that stumped me and took about 5mins of me thinking 'there is no f*****g way this can be done' before it clicked and i solved it and basked in my awesomeness.

Strangely though one level where you destroy security bots with a laser didnt work - i hit the bots with the laser and nothing happened. Totally had me confused until i restarted the level and everything worked perfectly. Weird bug i assume.
Infidel
Posted 05:39pm 20/5/11
I had portal 2 crash on me a lot but it turned out to be that it didnt like norton anti virus thingy I installed from the motherboard cd, other than that pretty good game so far