to the moon, athena
AusGamers caught up with 2K Australia and Randy Pitchford to discuss the recently revealed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and why Australia is making an impact on the moon. Click for more!
Welcome to Planet Nexus
We take a brief dip in the MMO pool with Carbine Studios' WildStar, and find out just what Planet Nexus has in store for us. Check it out in our preview for more!
oracle of ages
Batman: Arkham Knight is set to be Rocksteady's final in the Arkham series, so it's fitting that it's just so damn big. And Batmobiles. Nuff said. Click for more!
Trial By Dirt Bike
We take a look at the fourth title in the Trials series, and the first to hit next-gen platforms. Does it live up to the name? Find out in our review!
Post by Dan @ 02:16pm 11/05/11 | 8 Comments
EA have sent along a new trailer detailing the first content expansion for the recent Crysis 2, the Retaliation DLC Map Pack is due on May 18th 2011 for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and includes four new maps that support all game modes - Park Avenue, Transit, Shipyard and Compound.

Check out the trailer below or click here for the HD option.

E.T.
Posted 02:47pm 11/5/11
I loved the first Cysis but I have to admit, I haven't got the urge to get this one.
Who has it and what do you think of it?
tim
Posted 03:11pm 11/5/11
I thought it was pretty good. Awesome graphics (despite only supporting DX9) , fun shooting and a fairly long game (these days anyway). I loved the first Crysis too, this one is not as open ended as the first, and the range of guns hasn't really grown, but it's still worth buying. Multiplayer is fun too.

Here's hoping this map pack is free.....
Kf
Posted 03:17pm 11/5/11
Ohhh still no DX11 patch? Probably never....
Midda
Posted 03:53pm 11/5/11
And what exactly are you expecting a DX11 patch to fix? The game looks fantastic.

I liked the first one and Warhead, and I really enjoyed Crysis 2 as well. It's much more linear than the first, but that's not really a negative, it's just a slightly more story-driven game than the first was. It runs much better than the first one as well. I'd recommend grabbing it.
m3nt4l
Posted 03:57pm 11/5/11
I enjoyed it, one of the few single player focused game's I've completed recently.
parabol
Posted 03:59pm 11/5/11
Who has it and what do you think of it?

Was well worth the $33 I paid online on launch day (can still get it legitimately for $21 now).

Wish it had more aussie players though. Only ever found one populated server in this part of the world. 95% of the .au servers were empty even in peak time.

last edited by parabol at 15:59:05 11/May/11
bepatient
Posted 05:20pm 11/5/11

Agree completely. Every time I try and play online there is always 1 full server and the rest completely empty. Also there is no queueing which is a real pain in the ass.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 10:02pm 11/5/11
Multiplayer is shit IMO:

Often there are only 1-4 servers available which is nothing compared to games like COD, BFBC2.
Aussie servers are often filled with players of 200-500 ping making the game a massive lag fest more of luck than skill. 1 match i played during prime aussie time was 2 aussies and the rest terrible lag.
I swear there are plenty of hackers who run around with unlimited invisibility.
Maps pretty much last 5 mins before a change. I much prefer the good old days of 20min battles like COD4 and COD5.
Invisibility beats armour so the game is filled with peope who run around invis hunting for players not yet invis or waiting for their power to recharge.
Bland weapons that really dont make much difference.

The game has some cool features and perks but they get old quick.

Just started singleplayer but already ive had an enemy soldier stare @ me and do nothing which isnt good for the AI problems ive heard about.