AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 01:25pm 05/05/11 | 20 Comments
In the same investor's call that delivered the news of Mass Effect 3's delay, EA CEO John Riccitiello also spoke about the publisher's forthcoming attempt at gaining significant share in the holiday-period FPS market with Battlefield 3, revealing that pre-orders for the game are up 700% for the same time last year with Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

"We know we have a big competitor," Riccitiello said. "But head-to-head with Call of Duty in Q3, we have the superior game engine, a superior development studio, and a flat-out superior game - our goal is to significantly gain share in the huge FPS category and to put the other team on defense."

There's no denying Battlefield has the visual credentials, as well as the development pedigree, but Activision have yet to reveal anything regarding the obvious next installment in Call of Duty, and the brand itself has become the largest in videogame history. It's going to be an interesting November, that's for sure.

battlefield 3call of dutyeaactivisiondice
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£12.99!

Whoop
Posted 02:17pm 05/5/11
I just hope they don't have the massive dramas they had with bad company 2. I had heaps of crashes and can't connects for ages after it came out. It was like I'd paid to play a beta.
trog
Posted 02:23pm 05/5/11
New to EA games?
Midda
Posted 02:59pm 05/5/11

Do you really need to be told anything about the next CoD game to guess what it'll be like? They haven't changed the formula since the first game, I highly-doubt they'll do anything ground-breaking. It's Activision, after all.
LOTUK
Posted 03:12pm 05/5/11
If they stick to the original Battlefield style, I don't think ANY game will pull me away from it for some serious time. GOD I miss BF2
Tags
Posted 04:35pm 05/5/11
il bet a whole yeas wage that BF3 is gonna kick COD's ass over and over..... COD has had its day.. aleast dice deal and ramp up there ideas... Activision = Fail!
Horizon
Posted 04:37pm 05/5/11
I hope they change BF3 significantly from 2, no dolphin flopping, no 3/4 of a clip to drop some noob, no voice spamming by the commander and no dodgy hit reg especially when shooting at bunny hoppers.

I wont be pre-ordering this until i see some proper online gameplay. Battlefield has always been about the online content unlike COD which treated the online as a bonus to the epic SP gameplay.
Focumba
Posted 04:45pm 05/5/11
CCP's DUST514 will kick both their arses!

ha lol, I kid because I care.
Totenkopf
Posted 04:49pm 05/5/11
ive been playing bc2 since it came out and i never have trouble with it.
Mosfxx
Posted 05:04pm 05/5/11
ive been playing bc2 since it came out and i never have trouble with it.

Is there still decent server support for BF2, I found my old discs and will re-install if there is people to play with.

Also Dice/EA should stop comparing their game to CoD, and concentrate on what they want done.
kettels
Posted 06:23pm 05/5/11
I'm getting annoyed of them always having a go at COD, yes we get it. How about showing me some multiplayer.
Totenkopf
Posted 07:51pm 05/5/11

i play almost everynight,server always full, i l play HC thou.
Timmeh
Posted 09:44pm 05/5/11
i play almost everynight,server always full, i l play HC thou.

HC BF2? explain?
Crakaveli
Posted 09:49pm 05/5/11
He said BC2.
Sc00bs
Posted 09:50pm 05/5/11
i bought bad company 2 recently and holy f*** is it fun. i just love blowing holes in walls, spamming a building with a camping sniper in it with mortars or rpgs.

hope bf3 is like that in the destructability section
ctd
Posted 10:10pm 05/5/11
hope bf3 is like that in the destructability section

It will be better (apparently). <3 makin' doors.
koopz
Posted 10:29pm 05/5/11
bring on BF3.

I'm just not looking forward to the expensive upgrade.

Morbz
Posted 09:02am 06/5/11
Think ill lay back in the cut and let the patches ride then buy lol
kirkoswald
Posted 02:05pm 08/5/11
already done my expensive upgrade :) BRING IT ON !
DK
Posted 02:28pm 08/5/11
$40 pre-order through EA download manager. Too good to be true? http://cdkeys.com.au/products/Battlefield-3.html
Ryan
Posted 07:06pm 09/5/11
Screw that, I want my BF3 box to sit aside all his older brethren.
Long live the BF3 series, let's just hope it's more of a Battlefield 2 sequel rather than a Bad Company 2 sequel.