Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
couch slayer
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition is now upon us, but it might as well be called "definitive edition". Read our review to find out why - click here!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
fella!
Wrapping up a tour in Australia and with Summerslam dominating August, we had a chance to chat with the Great White himself, Sheamus! Check it out right here!
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 02:46pm 22/04/11 | 8 Comments
We might have hit a technical bump in the road with our Prey 2 video interview, but our chat with id Software's Matt Hooper, friend of the site, for RAGE went down without a hitch, and had more than a few revealing nuggets of info surface (particularly towards the end).

Prior to the interview we went hands-on with the game on console, and it felt great; nicely paced and very solid in your hands. During the event it was also revealed multiplayer would be based around fast-paced vehicle combat (that does take cues from their Quake heritage, and stand-alone co-op missions sand main character, but rather with ambient characters otherwise talked about in the main narrative.

We'll have a full hands-on update of RAGE after the Easter break, but for now, check out our video interview with Matt, which we've also transcribed for your reading pleasure, if you can't be bothered watching. Also, click the thumbnails below for a handful of new screens from the game and Bethesda's BFG 2011 event.

Click here for the full interview feature.

Buy now from Green Man Gaming for only GBP£15.99 (USD$29.99 on Steam)!

Kf
Posted 03:09pm 22/4/11
Thanks for another great interview, I think it clears up many things on RAGE.

1) Its a corridor shooter, old style not like new open world games.
2) No DX11.... again held back by consoles... and plans for it.

I dont think we'll see any real progression with technology and DX11 until the new gen consoles come out.
bepatient
Posted 05:21pm 22/4/11
I'm really pumped for this game and personally, I am not fussed by the whole "corridor shooter" issue as all their past ones have been a blast.

Oh btw typo:
We don’t try to kill ourselves by tweaing
Rawprawn
Posted 01:05am 24/4/11
Nice interview mang! Am enjoying the things I'm hearing about this game. Hopefully there's some sort of multiplayer future for it too.
ocarinaboy
Posted 11:18pm 25/4/11
lol bit creepy with that zombie face right in the middle. RAHHHH lol.
Bones
Posted 02:35pm 28/4/11
Good interview. Like KF said, the two biggest things for me are no directx 11 and an on rails singleplayer experience which quite frankly I don't think id have done well at since the DooM days which for the record I spent enormous quantities of my time playing. The multiplayer also doesn't sound particularly tantalising from what I've seen and read so far.

It's a personal thing but I am utterly bored by linear FPS games especially when there is nothing new on the table or some awesome multiplayer. I think I'll be saving my clams for Red Orchestra 2 and Battlefield 3. I wish id would make another quake series game, if done right I think PC gamers would flock back. I want to use a railgun and bounce around a map at crazy speeds again!
Infidel
Posted 07:51am 10/5/11
Really liked red orchestra, never even heard they were making a red orchestra 2, awesome!
trillion
Posted 08:46am 10/5/11
sorry for the offtopic but does anyone know the name of the RTS sci fi game like sim city that trog posted a month or so ago?

Spoiler:
org.api.googlewebindex://qgl sim city game site:qgl.ausforums.com
Bah