Microsoft and Epic Games have revealed the official release date for Gears of War 3, pegging September 20th 2011
as the day we'll rejoin Marcus, Dom, Baird and yet another Carmine brother as they continue their Xbox360-exclusive battle against the Locust horde. Here's some bullet points on what to expect in number three:
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
The release date press release
also reminds us to keep our eyes peeled for a public multiplayer beta, coming soon.