Just in time for the long weekend, Activision have released the promised Map Pack 1 for Call of Duty: World at War for PC. Interestingly, the same pack that was recently released for Xbox 360 and PS3 owners at a cost of around US$10 is now available completely free of charge for PC gamers, courtesy of sponsorship from intel. You can now download it locally from AusGamers files
The Map Pack is bundled with the v1.4 patch (which is incremental and will require the install of the previous v1.2
updates) Here's a slice of the changelog:
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Knee Deep, Nightfire, Station!
- Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: VerrŁckt!
- Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
- Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
- ďBayonet jumpingĒ has been disabled.
For more details check out our Map Pack 1 game page
, specifically the trailers