Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Job! PHP/Wordpress Developer in Melbourne
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8201 posts
Hi All,

I have a friend who owns a Digital Marketing/Media business looking to hire a new developer down in Melbourne. The job ad is up on Seek at http://www.seek.com.au/Job/wordpress-developer/in/melbourne-cbd-inner-suburbs/23013241 so if you feel you might be a good fit then put in an application.

Digicap is a young, rapidly growing UX & Digital Targeting agency with offices in North Richmond. We are on the lookout for a keen, all round web developer to help us deliver high quality, bespoke user experiences, through website and digital marketing capability.

You'll be working with a talented and close knit team of industry experts who are passionate about what we do.

To apply for this position you will need excellent front-end development skills and have good knowledge of latest web technologies including browser/device dependencies & best practices. Ideal candidates will have ample experience working with WordPress CMS and/or other open source platforms, and have a good general knowledge of PHP + MySQL.

We’re not looking for you to have a set number of years experience or specific qualifications. Rather, we want to hear from individuals with a passion for web technologies that are keen to join our successful and growing team and contribute to a high output and fun work environment.

Salary is up to $55k/year.
04:49pm 04/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:49pm 04/09/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19849 posts
bespoke!
04:56pm 04/09/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15466 posts
55K is a bit poo :(
05:00pm 04/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10175 posts
Yeah that salary is a joke. Try 70.
05:02pm 04/09/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1068 posts
Yeah I was thinking I could be keen but the cash is just too low sorry mate. Cheers for the link tho ey!
05:10pm 04/09/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8202 posts
bepatient - you could give them a call anyway, I know they'll pay more for the right person (within reason I suppose).

I checked out Seek for "php developer" (not senior) across the salary brackets and found that in Melbourne for the last 30 days for permanent jobs it was;

$40-50k : 28 jobs
$50-60k : 56 jobs
$60-70k : 90 jobs

I'll let the guys know and mention they might need to up it.
05:18pm 04/09/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10172 posts
wp devs will still line up for $55k, especially since you don't need paid experience
06:50pm 04/09/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7336 posts
$55k is fine if you're looking for a grad with ~1yr commercial experience.
But don't expect anyone fantastic for that coin, they're already earning $70k.
06:52pm 04/09/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12701 posts
To be fair the job description isn't for an uber PHP developer. They're looking for someone who can wield WordPress and throw down a little in LAMP.

If you're earning 70+ then this job would surely be boring anyway?
07:04pm 04/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:04pm 04/09/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.