Season's Greetings! We present to you, our final AusGamers Wrap-Up of the year. Don't miss it, or the cliffhanger!
Season Finale: AusGamers Weekly Wrap-Up
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Need a hand with PHP stuff
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2835 posts
so the lovely young lady who used to make (and often provided gratis) my coffee at work, now i had a look at it, then remember i'm
a)s*** at coding
b) know basic....and a lose understanding of PHP,
c) been up for 20 hours. and had 5 beers,

but if someone can let me a hand (ie noting and fixing the bugs/making it work) so i can pass it back I would be happy (she would be grateful, but I will shamelessly claim most of the work (not really))

PM if you can help
06:51pm 28/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:51pm 28/05/12 Permalink
Murderer
Tasmania
1889 posts
I have understanding trouble this reading.
06:52pm 28/05/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9180 posts
You didn't link to anything copius.
06:54pm 28/05/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19980 posts
He got one thing right, he's s*** at coding. Can't even put in a link haha.
06:56pm 28/05/12 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
2726 posts
it's ok copuis we'll pick up the pieces, post your shizzle
07:00pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2836 posts
07:00pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2837 posts
I really dont think that worked well, f***, all i know is it is a simple thing, and I can email (and no doubt some could fix in 2 secs)
07:01pm 28/05/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6941 posts
pastebin. JFGI.
Then link that.
07:10pm 28/05/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19981 posts
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL.
07:11pm 28/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1022 posts
pastebin. JFGI.
Then link that.
07:14pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2840 posts
okay, more beer, and basic help from raven, and redone

http://pastebin.com/YneHFPwg
07:21pm 28/05/12 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
2727 posts
what are you grinding it against?
07:37pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2842 posts
????, the issue seems to be that the video, and twitter scroll bars are not working, yet the photo one is, I only had a quick look, but I really have very little experience in PHP and my partner isn't (seeing she does it has a day job she is normally my first port of call) but she is unable to look at it till wednesday which would be too late
07:45pm 28/05/12 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
2728 posts
without the context of the cms / httpd it's linked from it really makes no sense as to what needs debugging? besides the missing stylesheets/paginations, nice pictures ;p
08:08pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2844 posts
style sheet
http://pastebin.com/N8JSYe1e

and the other part i think
http://pastebin.com/FDssCPHP

edit, as for the images, she was a smart girl, (great at making coffee too)
08:14pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2847 posts
any luck trillion?
09:36pm 28/05/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8010 posts
I had a quick look, seems the PHP Is fine (it pulls down the feeds) but the problem is with the jQuery. Is it hosted somewhere as it'd be easier to check that using Chrome dev tools or Firebug instead of having to download a bunch of code.
10:08pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2848 posts
i dont know, and tbh i'm well past the point of being able to read straight without closing an eye to read ( wou ld have timed but that was hard!)

one thing that has occurred to me is that i tend to proof read more in this state than sober! and the delete key has had it highest use to date is this post!!!!

\
10:19pm 28/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1023 posts
I just tried to have a quick look but honestly its a little tough to know whats going on as the whole things seemed meSsed to me without styles.

As TicMan said, the php looks like it should be fine though, especially considering there are no error outputted on the page.

I've taken your provided data and html/php output and thrown it into a jsfiddle in attempt to try and make sense of it but I am still honestly unsure of what the problem is.

edit: ok after reading this I think I understand the issue - with the scrollbars right? The image one works but the other doesn't? If so, then that would def be a js issue. I'll see if I can have a look but I'm bout to run out shortly
10:22pm 28/05/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8011 posts
Also missing the JS file here I am
10:33pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2849 posts
I just tried to have a quick look but honestly its a little tough to know whats going on as the whole things seemed meSsed to me without styles.

As TicMan said, the php looks like it should be fine though, especially considering there are no error outputted on the page.

I've taken your provided data and html/php output and thrown it into a jsfiddle in attempt to try and make sense of it but I am still honestly unsure of what the problem is.

edit: ok after reading this I think I understand the issue - with the scrollbars right? The image one works but the other doesn't? If so, then that would def be a js issue. I'll see if I can have a look but I'm bout to run out shortly

yes this,

i will refrain from answering anymore more, because my drunkeness is renders me no longer helpfull, till tomorrow
10:38pm 28/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1024 posts
Ok, I've managed to have a bit of a play around and had a bit of a look into the plugin you are using. Two things,

1. This plugin has the worst documentation ever. I'm talking, they don't even explain how to get it working. I did exactly as they said and it didn't work, additional markup was required which I was able to grab from the demo which was not mentioned anywhere.

2. I don't think it supports multiple scrollbars. I know, I know, the documentation hints that it does but refer to point 1. The javascript only seems to be able to interact with one of the scrollbar divs. (this was one of the divs not mentioned in the documentation)

I honestly don't have much time to really look into it deeply sorry, but I've tried a few examples from scratch and the moment a second scrollbar is implemented it doesn't work. Perfect example: my latest playaround. I set up two idential divs - every id simply appended with a "2". I've commented out the JS to initialize the first block of images so only the second is currently executed. You can cleary see it simply ignores the second scroll bar and uses the first scrollbar to control the second block of images.

A little confusing there, but if you jump in and play around you'll see what I mean. Bit of a shame really because it looks and seems to work nicely although I imagine it would look like ass in older browsers.
11:05pm 28/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:05pm 28/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.