Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Who here programs in MS Lightswitch
Some Fat Bastard
Brisbane, Queensland
1129 posts
Does anyone here develop in MS Lightswitch? If so there may be some work coming up. I may compose a list of people, skills, rates and availability (immediate, 2 weeks notice, next month etc). When the work comes on I'll use the list as a source for resources.

No guarantees but at this stage looks likely.

Now there may also be a Project Management role so if you have those skills too add it to the list.

There may be some requirement for international travel to Bali and PNG Upstream and Downstream Oil facilities (FIFO about 1 week every 4 to 6 weeks).

07:20am 18/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:20am 18/05/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4849 posts
Seems like nobody wants to admit publicly to using Lightswitch
08:59am 18/05/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36164 posts
I thought I'd never heard of it, but then Googled and remembered that it was presented to us at the MS thing I went to a few months back. It actually looked like a pretty decent thing for non-programmers to bang together basic applications.

SFB: we don't, but if you get desperate shoot me a PM. We use VSS so I'm sure picking up LS would be a piece of cake for our guys, although I suspect it would cost you more than a dedicated LS team (although I'm sure you'd get a correspondingly better end product :)
09:26am 18/05/12 Permalink
Some Fat Bastard
Brisbane, Queensland
1130 posts
Ok Trog thanks for that, shall definitely keep you in mind when things progress.
04:53pm 18/05/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
7976 posts
Why Lightswitch specifically?
06:38pm 18/05/12 Permalink
Some Fat Bastard
Brisbane, Queensland
1131 posts
They aren't big apps and Lightswitch seems to be a fairly rapid application development environment. Plus there's a need for substantial integration with Excel and Word for importing and exporting data and Lightswitch seemed easy with it's Office Integration toolset. Just seemed like a quicker way to go than your traditional Visual Studio approach.

Besides I liked the way it handles the presentation layer, so little coding involved to manage the UI. But heck I'm open to any suggestions at the moment as long it's quick to deliver apps.

06:59pm 18/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:59pm 18/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.