AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
[Jobs] Mammoth Media is looking for more Developers (PHP Devs and C#...
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
229 posts
Hey guys,

Have you ever dreamed of seeing Trog's Throne of Games or seeing Saint in his natural habitat? If you have, then you're pretty weird... but we like that.

Aside from that, we're currently looking to hire some PHP Mid Level Developers and C#/ASP.NET Mid-level Developers to join our team here at Mammoth Media.

Basic details are:

C#/ASP.NET Mid-level Developers
http://www.seek.com.au/Job/22007635

Company: Based in Brisbane, Australia, Mammoth Media are a leader in the field of developing online gaming communities, regarded as a major retention and growth driver for consumer broadband products.

In addition to its work implementing and maintaining online communities Mammoth Media also develop a range of C# web applications including BigPond Music, and run the hosting company Mammoth VPS.

The company is engaged in a number of agile development practices, including the use of test-driven development, continuous integration, and a variety of tools supported by the ALT.NET community. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal; all developers are supplied with high-end PCs with dual monitors being standard.

Position: C#/ASP.NET Software Developer, Full Time

Salary: $75,000 plus super

Start Date: ASAP

Description: Mammoth Media seeks talented programmer to contribute to ongoing development of BigpondMusic.com . The successful applicant will work with a small team to implement new features and correct identified problems. The position also involves working on other C# web applications from time to time such as Mammoth VPS.

The applicant should have an excellent grasp of programming theory outside of any specific implementation language. In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design principles is essential for all applicants. The applicant must have solid knowledge of C# and ASP.NET and be well versed in the creation of web applications. Desired skills (in order of importance) include:

• Minimum 18 months experience in ASP.NET MVC development using C#
• Minimum 3 years experience in web application development (including the previous requirement)
• HTML, JavaScript, CSS, AJAX and related client-side technologies
• TDD and Agile practices
• NHibernate, Rhino Mocks, WebForms, MonoRail
• PHP web application development
• Linux usage

Contact: Applicants should send a resume in Word, RTF, ODT, PDF, HTML, or plain text format. PDF is preferred.

Applicants should include details of any non-commercial software projects they have worked on. Such projects need not relate to the described position.

AND

PHP Developers
http://www.seek.com.au/Job/22198560

• Contribute to well-known games and e-commerce sites like GameArena
• Small team size so you really make a difference
• Flat management structure that listens to employees

Company: Based in Brisbane, Australia, Mammoth Media are a leader in the field of developing online gaming communities, regarded as a major retention and growth driver for consumer broadband products.

With wide ranging expertise and contact with all levels of the online gaming field - from game publishers to the end user - Mammoth Media offer a proven solution for service providers seeking to consolidate their market growth.

In addition to its work implementing and maintaining online communities, Mammoth Media also develop a range of PHP web applications including GameArena and AusGamers.

The atmosphere is relaxed and informal; all developers are supplied with high-end PCs with dual monitors being standard.

Position: PHP Software Developer, Full Time

Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 plus super

Start Date: ASAP

Description: Mammoth Media seeks talented programmer to contribute to ongoing development of GameArena and associated technologies. The successful applicant will work with a small team to implement new features and correct identified problems. The position also involves working on other PHP web applications from time to time.

The applicant should have an excellent grasp of programming theory outside of any specific implementation language. In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design principles is essential for all applicants. The applicant must have solid knowledge of PHP and JavaScript and be well versed in the creation of web applications. Desired skills (in order of importance) include:

• Minimum 18 months experience in PHP development
• Minimum 3 years experience in web application development (including the previous requirement)
• HTML, JavaScript, CSS, AJAX and related client-side technologies
• MySQL DDL & DML
• SVN or similar version control software
• Photoshop or GIMP
• C#/ASP.NET (optional)

Contact: Applicants should send a resume in Word, RTF, ODT, PDF, HTML, or plain text format. PDF is preferred.

Applicants should include details of any non-commercial software projects they have worked on. Such projects need not relate to the described position.

You can apply for the jobs by either using the Seek links or you can email us at: jobs _at_ mammothmedia.com.au
11:38am 01/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:38am 01/05/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5459 posts
Would someone who likes to work from overseas while travelling be able to do the php stuff remotely? :-)
11:45am 01/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
964 posts
I'd love to get up on some of that PHP ass... to comfy where I am at the moment though. Well, that and I'm in Melbourne.
12:09pm 01/05/12 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
919 posts
Ah wish it was web development which was html / css / javascript - jquery based. PHP is my weak side, that and I'm also in Melbourne. Good luck finding someone guys, you will pretty quick I'd reckon.
04:56pm 01/05/12 Permalink
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
230 posts
Would someone who likes to work from overseas while travelling be able to do the php stuff remotely? :-)

That would be pretty cool, I wonder if I could pull that off myself...

That aside, we would prefer people working in the office here. But I think if person was awesome enough allowances could be made. Not my call though.
10:44am 02/05/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12379 posts
I'll move to Brisbane and be your C# whore if I can ban people.
03:58pm 02/05/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9544 posts
I knew that's how it worked.
04:03pm 02/05/12 Permalink
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
231 posts
As an added bonus you get to ban whoever you want, whenever you want.

You can even edit trog's posts

last edited by Beanith at 16:31:26 02/May/12

You can even accidentally erase Trog's post when you're trying to be a clever clogs... so bonus points really
04:39pm 02/05/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9667 posts
I'm curious how this went? e.g. Did you get a big response, and were there a lot of suitable candidates?
10:48am 24/05/12 Permalink
casa
Brisbane, Queensland
4640 posts

Does Saint ever plug in his blow-up matress pump in the middle of the office while people are on the telephone?
10:56am 24/05/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4879 posts
I'll move to Brisbane and be your C# whore if I can ban people.

Sounds like an awesome perk.
The ATO might need to make a ruling on whether wielding the ban hammer is FBT exempt.
11:17am 24/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2807 posts
if hoggy had ban rights, there would be days that no one would be posting due to bans
11:25am 24/05/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19122 posts
Lunchtime D3 is a nice perk too
11:31am 24/05/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12457 posts
if hoggy had ban rights, there would be days that no one would be posting due to bans

Weeks, and possibly months.
11:33am 24/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:33am 24/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close