We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Ausgamers on tapatalk
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2087 posts
Is ausgamers on the tapatalk app for iPhone?
Is this a feature that has to be activated forum side?
10:39pm 01/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:39pm 01/04/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
849 posts
I've hit a few forums that blabber on about tapatalk... is IT any good Timmeh?
12:11am 02/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19642 posts
wtf is it? for those of us lucky enough to not own an iPhone
12:17am 02/04/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2893 posts
It's on android as well, never installed it but I believe it's a forum reader for mobile devices.
12:50am 02/04/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
2921 posts
it's an aggregator for your forums like a reader. i have it on iPad but find it a bit plain. doesn't replicate the lay out of your fav forums just lists the threads.

they are advertising a HD version now for iPad so might see what that's like
07:47am 02/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6124 posts
It's $2.99 on Google Play. What does it do and is it worth it?
08:12am 02/04/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12949 posts
Can't really speak for the technical feasibility, but I can say that it's not going to happen unless there's some way to retain advertising. Ads are the only thing that keep this place running and free to use.
08:22am 02/04/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15294 posts
And since AusGamers is inhouse forum code, you'd be spending time trying to hook into their API.
08:24am 02/04/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2090 posts
Ah okay.
It's a forum ereader of sorts.
All the Menus etc are laid out like the iphone ui and it list all your forums etc so you can easy hop.
11:40pm 02/04/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
5652 posts
I think it's for one specific forum platform used around the place, which I can't think of any examples of right now, but I've hit several instances of the "Did you know there is an App for this forum? Click here to download it now!" popups on my phone.

Speaking of in-page popup-messages, I wonder how mobile browsers handle regular new-window popups (such as ads etc).
11:46pm 02/04/12 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18665 posts
Probably phpbb, that'd be the most common forum software
12:37am 03/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19649 posts
Sounds like something I can live without. Ausgamers is the only forum I check on my phone, hell it's pretty much the only forum I read, full stop.
Can't really speak for the technical feasibility, but I can say that it's not going to happen unless there's some way to retain advertising. Ads are the only thing that keep this place running and free to use.

charge people 10bux to register :p

But for serious, why not run a service where people can buy banner time? Say I wanted to advertise my knitting skills and knit the world a hat, I could pay to put a banner up advertising as such. Or would that kind of step on the toes of the professional advertisers & sponsors? I'm sure all the small business sparkies, mechanics, IT gurus, garden gnome polishers on here would probably love a week's worth of banner time.
01:12am 03/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:12am 03/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.