AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Mammoth VPS Query
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2683 posts
Heyo any mammothians in the house this late at night and want to throw on the sword and shield for me?

Basically a new VPS and migrated all WHM accounts from old vps (mammoth also).

New VPS = no emails sending to external domains from any account.

I have been plugging away for hours on this, finally bit the bullet and contact Cpanel Support.
They basically have checked the VPS firewall etc and everything appears to be fine... my thoughts
CPanel are claiming that the issue lies at the network level - something is blocking outbound port 25.

Left a support message @ mammothsvps.com.au

Cheers guys - You are always pretty awesome with any previous issues so thanks in advance!
01:46am 16/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:46am 16/03/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
12703 posts
Recently for new VPS's we implemented blocking of outgoing traffic on some common ports by default, 25 being one of them.

In the mmvps mpanel, if you click into each VPS you'll get a 'Manage' menu under the top page heading - one of the sub-menus under that is 'Port Blocking' - there's a checkbox that'll be ticked, just untick that - I think you'll get a button to save and restart.
02:50am 16/03/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2685 posts
Well that certainly was easy. Thank you very much for the response Jim - I have only ever used my original mammothvps which is getting ancient now.
02:58am 16/03/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
12704 posts
No probs!
03:06am 16/03/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2686 posts
I will just pop this link here as a point of reference.
This has been a nice little kick up the ass reminder to keep up to date with this:

http://www.mammothvps.com.au/news

Thanks again!
03:10am 16/03/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
35869 posts
I will just pop this link here as a point of reference.
This has been a nice little kick up the ass reminder to keep up to date with this:

http://www.mammothvps.com.au/news

Thanks again!
Definitely worth subscribing to the RSS feed there. I usually update our Twitter/Facebook pages when there's a new post there as well so if you are on either of those you can stay in touch a little more easily.
07:37am 16/03/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
7821 posts
Have to add that it's worth mentioning this little nugget of info somewhere a bit more prominent on either the sign up page or order confirmation page. I ran into the same problem a few days ago but discovered it pretty quickly (due to my awesome level of admin skills) but can't imagine how long it would drive others insane trying to troubleshoot.
09:48am 16/03/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
6641 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: stupidly wrong!
09:52am 16/03/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
35874 posts
What I wrote was wrong; existing customers were not filtered like this - just new customers.

But we just realised that customers who already had a VPS and signed up for a new one would have been filtered without getting the welcome email. Woops. I will do a news post and make sure this information is pushed out via Twitter/FB as well. Sorry about that yo!
09:58am 16/03/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2424 posts
er, trog, can't you just edit your old text?
10:00am 16/03/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2688 posts
Yeah cheers trog, you guys got me a beauty with this.
10:22am 16/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:22am 16/03/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks