We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Comparisons to TF2 and more are welcome, but we're thinking elsewhere for Blizzard's new IP
Overwatch: Street Fighter II Turned First-Person Shooter
Visceral's spin on the Battlefield series breaks the norm and introduces a story with depth. We take it for a ride!
Bringing a Story to Battlefield
Clever marketing campaign - beach shower in Rio
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13490 posts
I thought this was pretty damn cool. Love the effort they went to in order to make the water come out like soft drink would in a real machine.

Only negative is probably not real good for water conservation, since everyone would want a crack!

Interesting that this one has Hebrew on the side of it.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5479/spritebeachshower.jpg
12:53pm 24/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:53pm 24/07/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
986 posts
How is this guerilla marketing? They wouldve had to get pre-approval for all of this and it would not have been cheap. I hate it when massive companies try and convince me they're all small and indy and s***. It's like McDonalds calling itself a "Family Restaurant" instead of "S*** Shack".
01:08pm 24/07/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5495 posts
That's a beach in Tel aviv.
01:11pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13491 posts
How is this guerilla marketing?

It's not.
That's a beach in Tel aviv.

Apparently so.

I love the guy in the lounge chair in the photo. Probably harmlessly waiting for his wife/daughter to rinse off, but he looks like a massive perve.
02:04pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
274 posts
Hot chicks in bikinis with water running down their bodies... oh the marketing brilliance!
02:23pm 24/07/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15592 posts
not sure if it's a good idea to shower in sprite. it would leave you rather sticky.

02:27pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Woblzz
Queensland
60 posts
Should of had an ice dispenser aswell
02:34pm 24/07/12 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4091 posts
I love the guy in the lounge chair in the photo. Probably harmlessly waiting for his wife/daughter to rinse off, but he looks like a massive perve.

Or that person and empty chair and esky sitting in the shade of the sprite shower. They all look pretty shadey.
07:44pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20296 posts
gotta laugh at the people drinking the stuff. I mean it's most probably recycled and now contains the remnants of the ocean, possibly piss, and sweat. Yes, drinking it seems like a brilliant idea.
08:12pm 24/07/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3729 posts
advertising stuff that is bad for you is starting to get on my nerves.
10:15pm 24/07/12 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4094 posts
gone primal martz?
10:39pm 24/07/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3731 posts
I just hate the whole "positive feel good energy" that these adds give off. In actual fact this s*** has several health implications like diabetes, obesity, damage to teeth etc. I'm not saying it's the cause but definitely a contributing factor.

To be honest I quite like sprite and I might have one every now and then which is fine, but people that are addicted to or abuse soft drinks (coke especially) definitely suffer. I realise it's the consumers choice, but f***, quit the f*****g "positive feel good energy" campaigns.

When you think about it on a deeper level (sorry) it's sick obese people with serious health problems that are putting a strain on public health (medicare) and guess who pays for that, us tax payers.

Ok I'm done :)
11:10pm 24/07/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2553 posts
I just hate the whole "positive feel good energy" that these adds give off.

Strongly agree bro. IIRC a while back coke had that 'open happiness' which i thought was BS - it was if they were saying you couldnt be happy without drinking coke. People can eat/drink what they want but i think BS marketing campaigns need to be controlled.

When you think about it on a deeper level (sorry) it's sick obese people with serious health problems that are putting a strain on public health (medicare) and guess who pays for that, us tax payers.

I work in a pharmacy and it makes me rage when people take PBS meds for a variety of diseases i classify as predominantly self inflicted.
11:14pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20302 posts
It's got nothing to do with advertising. Look at smoking, they don't advertise that anymore and yet WHOA! people still smoke. holy s***, how is this possible?

People are just stupid, plain & simple. They don't know when to stop, look at these idiots that drink 50 energy drinks a day & wonder why they have heart attacks.

So they should advertise their products as being negative feel bad drinks? Why bother advertising at all? Just stop advertising it and people won't buy it, oh wait!!! YES THEY WILL OMGZ
11:17pm 24/07/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9648 posts
Tonight's episode of Foreign Correspondent was about the global increase of obesity. At the moment Mexico is the worst and it is partly because of Coca-Cola. At one point their president had been the head of Coca-Cola in Mexico, so it is f*****g everywhere.

As usual the issue of taxing sugar was raised and I think it is a good idea. The health effects of sugar (such as diabetes) are on par with other consumables that are taxed, such as cigarettes and alcohol.
11:19pm 24/07/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9649 posts
Way fewer people smoke now compared to when there was advertising dude.
11:21pm 24/07/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2554 posts
Way fewer people smoke now compared to when there was advertising dude.

Yeah, i thought whoop was being pretty derp.
11:32pm 24/07/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2786 posts
Hell. No.
12:57am 25/07/12 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
844 posts
Damn that inbuilt free will chip we have inside us?! You can lead a horse to healthy water but you can't make it drink. *Clenches fist* 'Nooooo' :)
05:33am 25/07/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5497 posts
Tonight's episode of Foreign Correspondent was about the global increase of obesity. At the moment Mexico is the worst and it is partly because of Coca-Cola. At one point their president had been the head of Coca-Cola in Mexico, so it is f*****g everywhere.

As usual the issue of taxing sugar was raised and I think it is a good idea. The health effects of sugar (such as diabetes) are on par with other consumables that are taxed, such as cigarettes and alcohol.

Stop talking out of your ass dais.

Oh: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v482/n7383/full/482027a.html
09:25am 25/07/12 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
845 posts
These addictive substances that can have adverse effects when used as directed/abused are a bit of a worry, though where does it stop? Refused treatment for an infected toe after stubbing it because you didn't have ample footwear on? EULA's for health hoorah! Extremely low alcoholic content drinks (purpose defeating for some), low to no sugar products, healthier (?) smokes etc - sounds pretty bland to me. The answer lies with education and discipline accross the board IMO.

I have just clocked up 6 months since my last drink - Brb having some drinks. :)
09:59am 25/07/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9651 posts
Yeah there is a lot of stuff about sugar being toxic now. I have cut down massively recently and feel heaps better for it.
10:00am 25/07/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9936 posts
don't buy into this anti-sugar bulls*** the current affairs have been pushing dais, sugar is f*****g awesome and much better for you than meth
10:29am 25/07/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9652 posts
I'm gonna miss meth :[

Tracy Grimshaw says I can't have it any more.
10:32am 25/07/12 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4351 posts
It's got nothing to do with advertising. Look at smoking, they don't advertise that anymore and yet WHOA! people still smoke. holy s***, how is this possible?People are just stupid, plain & simple. They don't know when to stop, look at these idiots that drink 50 energy drinks a day & wonder why they have heart attacks.So they should advertise their products as being negative feel bad drinks? Why bother advertising at all? Just stop advertising it and people won't buy it, oh wait!!! YES THEY WILL OMGZ

FFS, someone delete that post before the advertising industry is revieled as nothing more than a scam!

Also, thread should be locked as the title is deceptive. Its not f*****g RIO ffs.
01:10pm 25/07/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3732 posts
actually, I missed this article. Sugar is good food mmkay. /end thread.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/joekool1983/0_3f8e1_f50b377a_XL.jpg
03:55pm 25/07/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2560 posts
Wow, thats an awesome old school ad for sugar.
05:32pm 25/07/12 Permalink
Woblzz
Queensland
61 posts
the ad would of been even better if the straw was actually a candy cane!
07:58pm 25/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:58pm 25/07/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.