AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Romanian football: fan runs onto pitch, punches player
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11350 posts
Crazy. Skip to 1.30 for the slow mo version.

In a nutshell a guy was dragged down in the box and a penalty was awarded. It was a soft penalty, but still clearly the correct decision.

Angry fan ran onto pitch and smacked a guy in the face in revenge. Doesn't seem like the same guy that went down in the box though, so not sure how that works.

01:43pm 02/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:43pm 02/11/11 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
7005 posts
check out the belting he gets for it later. they should have let the players wail on him for a bit more.
01:48pm 02/11/11 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
525 posts
Why the red card? Was it cos they attacked the d******* who ran on the pitch?

and what the hell was with the other guy going down? What happened to him?
01:50pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3822 posts
Why did a red and yellow card get awarded to the red fellas after the dude got pulled off?
01:53pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11351 posts
Yep, cards for attacking the fan.
01:55pm 02/11/11 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6599 posts
Angry fan ran onto pitch and smacked a guy in the face in revenge

I liked it how the player was holding his face, and then kept looking up to see if anyone was paying attention to him, and then held his face again .. and then looked up ...

They should all be red carded for being pussies.
01:58pm 02/11/11 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
7006 posts
Yep, cards for attacking the fan.

shouldnt have been anything. a red if you hit a fan yes. a red for bringing down a criminal who just assaulted your team-mate after unlawfully invading the pitch, no.
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
3823 posts
Also, what the hell happened at 9.30? Did the goalie get attacked by a flare?
eski
Perth, Western Australia
526 posts
apparently the dude who got punched is now deaf in that ear :(

the other guy got hit by a flare and suffered burns to his back! Crazy Romanians!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/01/petrolul-steaua-bucharest-romania-ultras
01:59pm 02/11/11 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2165 posts
Did that Goalie get shot by a flare or something?

Also, lol at the slowmo replay of the guy getting hit in the ear, looking around to see what happened and then putting on the performance. They even brought out a stretcher.
01:59pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
6649 posts
Ok so what the hell happened to the keeper at the end?
02:00pm 02/11/11 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
527 posts
Did that Goalie get shot by a flare or something?

Also, lol at the slowmo replay of the guy getting hit in the ear, looking around to see what happened and then putting on the performance. They even brought out a stretcher.

The punch broke a bone in his ear and now he is deaf. Hardly putting on a performance.
02:04pm 02/11/11 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
3982 posts
This was all over last nights news. The keep got hit with a flare and burned on his back. The game was abandoned after the 2nd incident. A great ad for the sport all round, not. Stupid fans.
02:05pm 02/11/11 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
11905 posts
haha that guy deserved every kick and punch he got
sif you go and attack a team of soccer players by yourself, you git
02:13pm 02/11/11 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
9699 posts
i honestly think that soccer would have less crazy fans if the scoring was higher. so much pent-up anger.
02:23pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11352 posts
I liked it how the player was holding his face, and then kept looking up to see if anyone was paying attention to him, and then held his face again .. and then looked up ...

They should all be red carded for being pussies.

Broken cheek bone and deafness. Seems a bit rough to call him a pussy - he was king hit. I'd like to see how you'd react if you were king hit.
02:25pm 02/11/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8290 posts
lol, can't believe he still took a dive.
02:47pm 02/11/11 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
6530 posts
all soccer players deserve a htfu card.
02:50pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2002 posts
Not often you see a real hit in this game, funny that it had to come from the stands. Sux for the guy who got hit though. Soccer def has the worst fans.
02:51pm 02/11/11 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6602 posts
I'd like to see how you'd react if you were king hit

If it truly hurt I'd be on the ground, not looking around first to see if I should 'fall' down and then keep looking up regularly to see if anyone is seeing me hold my face in pain.
02:57pm 02/11/11 Permalink
lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4003 posts
If it truly hurt I'd be on the ground,
after the daze of being king hit wore off you mean?

03:01pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1610 posts
I used to think that all soccer players were pussies until I started playing it. I've done all sorts of ligament damage and so many broken limbs from our team. It's probably because we're retarded at it but still. You don't appreciate or realise how actually dangerous it is until you play it so shut the f*** up you f***** c**** or else I'll king hit you in the ear!
06:38pm 02/11/11 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6393 posts
What a b****, couldn't even drop him with a running sucker punch from behind.
06:52pm 02/11/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8291 posts
A king-hit is a knockout, he wasn't rocked in the slightest, his legs were stable and he decided to buckle them and take a dive like a retard.
06:54pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8091 posts
hahahaha what a f*****g b****, he took the hit realised what happened and then fell to the ground crying like a sandy vagina

f*** these soccer f***, imagine if that s*** happened in real football. Pretty sure that any nrl guy would turn around and unleash hell into the face of the fan
06:57pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8092 posts
A king-hit is a knockout, he wasn't rocked in the slightest,

yeah its a pretty weak hit, the guys wrist bends like a soft bit of white bread.
06:58pm 02/11/11 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
531 posts
I'm pretty sure that he felt alright immediately after, then the intense pain of having his earbone smashed kicked in and he fell to the ground
06:59pm 02/11/11 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2167 posts
The punch broke a bone in his ear and now he is deaf. Hardly putting on a performance.
He is a massive f***** for holding up the game and ruining it for all the spectators. A true sporting hero cops a flying knee to the face that shatters his eye socket and then kicks the winning field goal for the game.
07:09pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8093 posts
You dont see the UFC guys dropping like b****** when they get hit in the face.

man up weak soccer boy
07:12pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
82 posts
You dont see the UFC guys dropping like b****** when they get hit in the face.

Not half conditioned to being hit those UFC guys...

Am I the only one thinking the fan hit the wrong person? That umpire should have red carded himself for giving away such a weak penalty.
07:22pm 02/11/11 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
6531 posts
those soccer girls should wear little eskies on their heads coz ya just never know when a crazed romanian will pop ya on the noggin n break ya glass cheekbone :P
07:24pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19322 posts
lol, can't believe he still took a dive

Yeah. He looked like a piss ant milking it for all that it's worth. F*** me, soccer players are pansy asses.
07:53pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Zak
Brisbane, Queensland
2735 posts
HE'S DEAF IN ONE F*****G EAR NOW

(I used caps for his benefit)
08:29pm 02/11/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8292 posts
That happens sometimes when you're struck in the ear, it has nothing to do with his fake collapse though.

Fast forward to 3:55, 1 kick, bursts his eardrum.
08:45pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Shaexen
Brisbane, Queensland
199 posts
F*****g sport opiate of the plebs. I enjoy a game of union sure, would I ever in a million years want to punch one of the players? F*****g animals.
09:53pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Mr.Bumpy
Melbourne, Victoria
533 posts
Difference is UFC fighters are expected to get hit in the face. However, no sport accepts or condones king hits, not even UFC and that was clearly an uncalled for king hit from behind!

I agree, the punch was to the side of the head and probably wasn't hard enough to knock down the player, but I would say the daze would have easily brought him down, especially if you just lost your hearing in one ear. It's a slightly delayed reaction (which I think is normal in this circumstance), but bear in mind the footage was in super slow-mo.

I'm no big soccer/football fan, but I'd say the organisers, security and referees have a lot to answer for in this shamble of a match. Something drastic needs to be done about the fan culture, too, and has been for decades.

Hope the king hit player recovers, I'd hate to lose half my hearing because of some c*nt!
10:05pm 02/11/11 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20067 posts
Jesus scoobs. "UFC fighters get hit in the head and don't react like this soccer guy did!" and you actually think you have a point?
11:42pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11372 posts
From a football forum:

Both players got off without no suspension despite being sent off :shock: , and the host club will play 6 home games without supporters
After all we are talking about most corrupt club in Romania.

This is their Team Manager hitting and supporter at a home game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHV0WA2l8k
One of their supporters trying to hit a goal-keeper a few years back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JxHWaCmMM#

I guess what goes around, comes around.
08:23pm 04/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:23pm 04/11/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close