We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Real T-100
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5659 posts
All it needs now is a head and a full combat chassis.

09:14am 01/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:14am 01/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4740 posts
It actually reminds me a lot of the cylon prototype from Caprica.

Very cool. Somewhat threatening.

edit: Life imitates art etc.
09:20am 01/11/11 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
257 posts
lol..... looks like it would be good at manual labour.

etc
09:25am 01/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4741 posts
^ I think that's also part of the plot of battlestar/caprica.

Hell, maybe Ron Moore is actually the true Ron Hubbard with his mythological story. :P

09:30am 01/11/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6068 posts
"The cylon manifesto", as that final scene is named, is really something special. 17 episodes of what was a series that had a lot of opportunity if it had played out the three seasons that was planned all then having to be suddenly capped off with a single scene, one which if you put it before any decision makers would have surely landed a series a contract.
If there's only three minutes of the entire series of Caprica to watch, it's those last three minutes.
09:55am 01/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4742 posts
In the cancellers' defence, aside from the start and end of the series, the middle was really drawn out and slow, and should have had a pace more like that ending vid. I was so damn sick of Trixie from Deadwood being drunk, and Clarice being monotheistic and boring. Plus Adama's journey into v-world and subsequent stop made no sense, he finally found his daughter, but his work colleague was some kind of v-world ninja, and then shot him?

Then gay uncle Adama came along with a stolen robot and made everything awesome. And the Tauran flashbacks. And the unexpected but as-always-awesome twists at the end.
10:13am 01/11/11 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6069 posts
I guess yeah, they could have condensed the storylines of the first 17 episodes to 12...
The plan had always been that season 2 dealt with the tension of the persecution of the cylons, the final episode of season 2 was going to essentially be the cylon first strike, then season 3 dealt with the beginning of the first cylon war.
10:24am 01/11/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11811 posts
Awwww it wears people shoes.

And it can Strut!
10:30am 01/11/11 Permalink
Mosfxx
Gold Coast, Queensland
732 posts
F*** that is scary.
11:05am 01/11/11 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4606 posts
"The cylon manifesto", as that final scene is named, is really something special. 17 episodes of what was a series that had a lot of opportunity if it had played out the three seasons that was planned all then having to be suddenly capped off with a single scene, one which if you put it before any decision makers would have surely landed a series a contract.
While i agree that was pretty good, and it did make me think "f*** a second season might be alright" despite some of the lameness of season one, i think you put any decent editor in front of all your goto ideas with just about any tv series no matter how s*** and they could make an awesome 3 minutes.
I mean how many movie trailers do you see and think "well no need to watch that, ive just seen the best parts"
07:44pm 01/11/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11355 posts
Deleted my copy thread :(

This is really amazing. Incredibly life like movement and weight distribution. It always seemed to me that you couldn't get 'muscle powerful' motors into the right places - and of course the human body has such a huge number of muscles to emulate and control that it's a mammoth task to try to emulate us.
05:21pm 02/11/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3761 posts
While caprica started off slow, they restructured the writers and producers and took it in a much better direction halfway through the season, and it took a few episodes for the new team to close up all the s***** plot threads the old crew made. I think given a second season the show would have really picked up.
06:35pm 02/11/11 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
4747 posts
While caprica started off slow, they restructured the writers and producers and took it in a much better direction halfway through the season, and it took a few episodes for the new team to close up all the s***** plot threads the old crew made. I think given a second season the show would have really picked up.

Ahh that would explain it. Yeah the first half started great but really hit a wall, while the second half really picked it back up.
02:43am 03/11/11 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7629 posts
F*** that is scary.

When it can do it without the umbilical cord, then it's scary

and possibly too late...
02:49am 03/11/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
4735 posts
That bot's got swagger.
03:00am 03/11/11 Permalink
Ivonin
Brisbane, Queensland
840 posts
That bot's got swagger.

I was thinking that, looked like at the end he was getting his pimp-walk on.
09:16am 03/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:16am 03/11/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.