One of the most-used criticisms you'll probably hear about Windows Phone 8 is the apps that are available (or aren't) - and other than that there's some pretty annoying things missing from the OS.
I thought maybe we needed a quick place for suggestions on what apps are worth grabbing, since there's been plenty of these thread for iOS in the past.
I'll start with a few that I've found:
- Battery Widget. Allows you to monitor and graph battery usage over time.
- BoxFiles. Dropbox client, since there's no native one.
- Audio Player Free. Because Nokia Music is s***. Any other good music players out there?
- Seesmic - Twitter client. I use this one because it supports multiple accounts, but it's missing a few features, including telling you who re-tweeted something
- Rowi - Twitter client. Seems better than Seesmic, but lacks multiple account support.
- ServiiMetro - Serviio client for WP8.
- UC Browser. Seems to be a much better browser than Internet Exploder. Has good quicklaunch/home screen shortcuts, better tabbed browsing, and actually has a forward button. Downside, I don't think you can force other apps to use it as the default when they launch links.
What other apps should I be looking at? I'm wanting better twitter clients and music players, and haven't found an MSN client yet.