We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Windows Phone 8 apps worth grabbing
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7593 posts
One of the most-used criticisms you'll probably hear about Windows Phone 8 is the apps that are available (or aren't) - and other than that there's some pretty annoying things missing from the OS.

I thought maybe we needed a quick place for suggestions on what apps are worth grabbing, since there's been plenty of these thread for iOS in the past.

I'll start with a few that I've found:

- Battery Widget. Allows you to monitor and graph battery usage over time.
- BoxFiles. Dropbox client, since there's no native one.
- Audio Player Free. Because Nokia Music is s***. Any other good music players out there?
- Seesmic - Twitter client. I use this one because it supports multiple accounts, but it's missing a few features, including telling you who re-tweeted something
- Rowi - Twitter client. Seems better than Seesmic, but lacks multiple account support.
- ServiiMetro - Serviio client for WP8.
- UC Browser. Seems to be a much better browser than Internet Exploder. Has good quicklaunch/home screen shortcuts, better tabbed browsing, and actually has a forward button. Downside, I don't think you can force other apps to use it as the default when they launch links.

What other apps should I be looking at? I'm wanting better twitter clients and music players, and haven't found an MSN client yet.
08:27am 10/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.