AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Mac OS X Mountain Lion is out!
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9802 posts
Get it from the App Store if you can lol
11:23pm 25/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:23pm 25/07/12 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6150 posts
installed this morning. seems ok
08:32pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9805 posts
Yeah, nothing ground breaking, but seems pretty well rounded so far
08:33pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11714 posts

Is there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s? So on Windows 7 you just drag 1 explorer window to the left side and 1 to the right and you get them side by side.
09:47pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20320 posts
I'm still on snow leopard. It's the XP of OSX, b******.

http://www.ausforums.com/images/icon7.gifIs there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s? So on Windows 7 you just drag 1 explorer window to the left side and 1 to the right and you get them side by side.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish OSX had, the edge maximize thing where you can drag it to either edge to make it half screen, or the top edge to make it full screen.
01:28am 28/07/12 Permalink
Eds
Brisbane, Queensland
9942 posts
10:00am 28/07/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1054 posts
Is there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s?

After using this beast it is no longer a problem for me. Basically makes your finder behave like Chrome with tabs and what not. http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/
11:02am 28/07/12 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
727 posts
After using this beast it is no longer a problem for me. Basically makes your finder behave like Chrome with tabs and what not. http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/

+1. Did a fresh install for ML and forgot how gimped standard finder is. Total Finder rocks.

Other crap that goes right back on after a reinstall.

Paragon NTFS for Mac - Yea let me write to my NTFS drives with zero problems please
Boom - Volume booster beyond standard max volume. Only use it when I need it eg. Low volume youtube vids when using laptop
Moom - More window placement options when you hover over the maximise +, like snapping to the left / right / top / bottom / full maximise (like windows)
Caffeine - Quick menubar option to stop your display sleeping
Skip Tunes - iTunes control from menubar
Alfred - Spotlight on steroids
CoRD - Remote Desktop
CleanMyDrive - Lists all mounted volumes from menubar pulldown, easy eject for one, or all, clean up crap on usb's etc before eject
iStat Menus, Temp, CPU usage etc on menubar. I use mine on combined mode with only CPU temp and the rest on drop down.
Dropbox - Cloud Storage
VLC / MplayerX - Media players
Text Wrangler - Far better text editor than Textedit
Postbox - Mail Client
11:34am 28/07/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5568 posts
I will add
Coda
Cyberduck
Total Terminal
Macports

08:14pm 29/07/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
7091 posts
Mountain Lion was kind of a non event, except for some of the handy little apps from iOS for use with iCloud; Reminders, Notes and such. I have docos on Numbers on my iPhone which now show up on my Mac which is handy.

last edited by 3dee at 09:45:43 30/Jul/12
09:43am 30/07/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7238 posts
Great, now will Apple please stop putting all this Dev in to OSX and just make it so that I don't have to completely reformat my f*****g iPhone if I reinstall Windows?
10:22am 30/07/12 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9757 posts
Great, now will Apple please stop putting all this Dev in to OSX and just make it so that I don't have to completely reformat my f*****g iPhone if I reinstall Windows?

So you don't backup my documents ?
08:26pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20327 posts

what? why do you have to format your phone?
08:37pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7241 posts
I reinstalled Windows.

You can't pair another computer without it wanting to first format the iPhone. And until it's paired, you can't copy anything to it - apps, music, videos - anything.
08:54pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20329 posts
lol, good thing we didn't sync/pair my mates iphone with my computer then. We were trying to get a ringtone on to it. What a f*****g mission that is? With my android phone I just drag s*** onto it from explorer and presto, ringtones.
09:46pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11717 posts

Moom looks good.
09:49pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9809 posts
Can I just say that Safari 6 absolutely kills Chrome for speed at the moment... jeezus.
10:02pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1620 posts
Sweet, I've recently gotten a macbook pro and have been struggling in areas, some of these apps will work a treat. Thanks!
01:51am 02/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:51am 02/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close