We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
Mac OS X Mountain Lion is out!
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9802 posts
Get it from the App Store if you can lol
11:23pm 25/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:23pm 25/07/12 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6150 posts
installed this morning. seems ok
08:32pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9805 posts
Yeah, nothing ground breaking, but seems pretty well rounded so far
08:33pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11714 posts

Is there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s? So on Windows 7 you just drag 1 explorer window to the left side and 1 to the right and you get them side by side.
09:47pm 27/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20320 posts
I'm still on snow leopard. It's the XP of OSX, b******.

http://www.ausforums.com/images/icon7.gifIs there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s? So on Windows 7 you just drag 1 explorer window to the left side and 1 to the right and you get them side by side.

Yeah, that's one thing I wish OSX had, the edge maximize thing where you can drag it to either edge to make it half screen, or the top edge to make it full screen.
01:28am 28/07/12 Permalink
Eds
Brisbane, Queensland
9942 posts
10:00am 28/07/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1054 posts
Is there an easy way to put 2 finder windows side by side without having the manually resize the f*****s?

After using this beast it is no longer a problem for me. Basically makes your finder behave like Chrome with tabs and what not. http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/
11:02am 28/07/12 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
727 posts
After using this beast it is no longer a problem for me. Basically makes your finder behave like Chrome with tabs and what not. http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/

+1. Did a fresh install for ML and forgot how gimped standard finder is. Total Finder rocks.

Other crap that goes right back on after a reinstall.

Paragon NTFS for Mac - Yea let me write to my NTFS drives with zero problems please
Boom - Volume booster beyond standard max volume. Only use it when I need it eg. Low volume youtube vids when using laptop
Moom - More window placement options when you hover over the maximise +, like snapping to the left / right / top / bottom / full maximise (like windows)
Caffeine - Quick menubar option to stop your display sleeping
Skip Tunes - iTunes control from menubar
Alfred - Spotlight on steroids
CoRD - Remote Desktop
CleanMyDrive - Lists all mounted volumes from menubar pulldown, easy eject for one, or all, clean up crap on usb's etc before eject
iStat Menus, Temp, CPU usage etc on menubar. I use mine on combined mode with only CPU temp and the rest on drop down.
Dropbox - Cloud Storage
VLC / MplayerX - Media players
Text Wrangler - Far better text editor than Textedit
Postbox - Mail Client
11:34am 28/07/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5568 posts
I will add
Coda
Cyberduck
Total Terminal
Macports

08:14pm 29/07/12 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
7091 posts
Mountain Lion was kind of a non event, except for some of the handy little apps from iOS for use with iCloud; Reminders, Notes and such. I have docos on Numbers on my iPhone which now show up on my Mac which is handy.

last edited by 3dee at 09:45:43 30/Jul/12
09:43am 30/07/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7238 posts
Great, now will Apple please stop putting all this Dev in to OSX and just make it so that I don't have to completely reformat my f*****g iPhone if I reinstall Windows?
10:22am 30/07/12 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9757 posts
Great, now will Apple please stop putting all this Dev in to OSX and just make it so that I don't have to completely reformat my f*****g iPhone if I reinstall Windows?

So you don't backup my documents ?
08:26pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20327 posts

what? why do you have to format your phone?
08:37pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7241 posts
I reinstalled Windows.

You can't pair another computer without it wanting to first format the iPhone. And until it's paired, you can't copy anything to it - apps, music, videos - anything.
08:54pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20329 posts
lol, good thing we didn't sync/pair my mates iphone with my computer then. We were trying to get a ringtone on to it. What a f*****g mission that is? With my android phone I just drag s*** onto it from explorer and presto, ringtones.
09:46pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11717 posts

Moom looks good.
09:49pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9809 posts
Can I just say that Safari 6 absolutely kills Chrome for speed at the moment... jeezus.
10:02pm 30/07/12 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1620 posts
Sweet, I've recently gotten a macbook pro and have been struggling in areas, some of these apps will work a treat. Thanks!
01:51am 02/08/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:51am 02/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.