AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Google acquiring Meebo
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7746 posts
Just saw this, which is pretty cool.

We are happy to announce that Meebo has entered into an agreement to be acquired by Google!

For more than seven years we’ve been helping publishers find deeper relationships with their users and to make their sites more social and engaging. Together with Google, we’re super jazzed to roll up our sleeves and get cracking on even bigger and better ways to help users and website owners alike.

We’ve had a blast building Meebo so far and we’re really excited to start the next leg of our journey.

Thank you all for coming along for the ride!
Meebo Team

Ripped from their blog.

Been using meebo for random chatting between platforms and it's been developed very cleverly from day dot. Good to see the small guys copping some recognition. Seems they fetched around $100 Mil

The Age Article - Tech Crunch Article - LA Times Article - Business Week
12:42pm 05/06/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:42pm 05/06/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12966 posts
what is meebo?
01:04pm 05/06/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13239 posts
That's interesting because I tried to use Meebo Messenger from Changi airport recently and noted that they didn't have a Google Talk login option (unless I missed something?)

https://www.meebo.com/messenger

@teq: it's a web-based IM app that allows you to login to multiple IM clients (e.g., Facebook, Windows Live, etc). I've found it incredibly useful while travelling at times.
02:09pm 05/06/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12967 posts
Ah ok

Google Talk = Jabber
02:35pm 05/06/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20015 posts
what is meebo?

This. I've never even heard of it.
Been using meebo for random chatting between platforms
If platforms = operating systems then IRC ftw.
05:30pm 05/06/12 Permalink
Jerry
Queensland
4175 posts
what is meebo?

Seems to be the way to make money now - make a free web app, gain attention from google or fb.. get bought out.

Apparently doesn't even have to be a good or working app, take google docs for instance - what a useless piece of s*** and they bought someone out for that

Also pinky - your link is buggered. www.meebo.com/messenger
08:04pm 05/06/12 Permalink
reso
I can't read
Brisbane, Queensland
5337 posts

Apparently doesn't even have to be a good or working app, take google docs for instance - what a useless piece of s*** and they bought someone out for that

What don't you like about Google Docs?
04:00pm 06/06/12 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3552 posts

Google have just bought out Quickoffice so there may be some upgrades to google docs at some point.
04:20pm 06/06/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13246 posts
Also pinky - your link is buggered. www.meebo.com/messenger

I blame trog.

Google Docs is ace!?
04:24pm 06/06/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12971 posts
Yeah I always thought Gdocs was pretty good, especially for the price
04:34pm 06/06/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:34pm 06/06/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close