AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Question about moving my email to Google Apps
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
968 posts
Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with using their own domain name emails with Google Apps?

Basically I'm looking to move my email account from my personal domain name to it., the only thing I'm really curious about is I already have a Google account and am wondering if I can keep it as is but with my new emails added or if I need to create a new account for it?

My current account has webmaster tools, adsense, analytics etc etc so I really don't wanna compromise messing with all that stuff.

What is also a bit weird is when i created my account I didn't want a gmail so my username was my current email address (eg: example@jizzblaster.com). Google then changed their s*** and for one reason or another I had to create a new gmail name (eg: jizzblaster@gmail.com) which then became my primary login.

So now the email address I want to migrate is actually the very first email I created my google account under if that makes sense. Does anyone know if this is gonna cause me any issues? I can't find anything about it in their help.
09:25pm 03/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:25pm 03/05/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5528 posts
Have you created a support case and asked directly?

http://support.google.com/a/bin/request.py
09:55pm 03/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
970 posts
Naa that was my next step thanks, just wanted to see if anyone here had run into anything similar first. Thanks mate.
10:09pm 03/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
971 posts
Bleh. Just tried to create an account to see where it goes: "That address is currently used by a personal Google Account. Use a different address for your organizational account."

Well that sucks.
10:13pm 03/05/12 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
2983 posts
That's something that always annoyed me about google apps and their regular offerings.
There's no way to transfer an ccount across. I've been able to work around some stuff: Import old email via IMAP, delegate access to calendars (to edit, access old appointments while you wait for them to fall off the list), import contacts.
12:17am 04/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
974 posts
Yea I know what you mean.
I'm confident I can drag and drop (in outlook) to migrate my old emails to the new gmail account. Its worked with server migrations before.

Right now however I just cannot create an account to even try :/
02:36pm 04/05/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4853 posts
The way i do it is you can forward ur gmail emails to ur google domain account using IMAP and outlook. Then just use forward all emails to ur domain.

that is what i did
02:49pm 04/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
975 posts
Oh thats an awesome idea TiT, thanks mate. :D
02:57pm 04/05/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4854 posts
sorry didnt really explain myself properly but use Outlook IMAP for your gmail and IMAP for Google Apps (Domain) copy mail across that way . In Gmail go to settings and forward everything to ur domain email address.
04:00pm 04/05/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
976 posts
Thanks again, I understand exactly what you mean.

I think I'm giving up on it, for now at least. I have too many google accounts which are just too hard to migrate. Off the top of my head I need my calendar, analytics, adsense, youtube, g+, wallet and webmaster tools.

I was hoping I could move all of this easily to the apps account and only have my old gmail left in the other account. Sadly I don't know if I'm too dumb to find out how to do it or its not possible. (Except for creating the accounts again, manually of course)

Edit: Oh and I just remember I have to move my google developer account too. Argh!
04:40pm 04/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:40pm 04/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close