AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
3G data tracking for android?
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20649 posts
Last Friday I ported over to telstra and I checked my useage, I've used nearly 300mb in under a week, which seems excessive... previously on my virgin contract I'd only use 300-500mb per month.

I am using the phone in the same fashion with the exception of using google latitude, I suspect it might be that but want confirmation of where all my megabytes are going!

Is 3g watchdog still the app of choice to track what apps/programs are using x amount of data?
07:57am 26/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:57am 26/04/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3859 posts
I use RadioOpt

its free and gives detailed information.
09:26am 26/04/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36085 posts
I use NetCounter. Free, basic, but good enough for me.

I usually don't use 300mb in a month, but I'm connected to wifi most days at home and at work.
09:50am 26/04/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11641 posts

I'm using Onavo and 3G Watchdog at the moment. Both report results within 1-2 MB of each other. I prefer Onavo because it gives app break downs and will also give you alerts if background apps start using a lot of data. It can also notify you when you install apps if it is a known high data usage application.
I use RadioOpt
I think it's called Traffic Monitor, with the developer being RadioOpt :P

last edited by Twisted at 10:12:52 26/Apr/12
10:10am 26/04/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
2436 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
10:14am 26/04/12 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
3164 posts
I have seen many people panic over this exact same issue with Telsta. In fact when I went onto my new contract I got an SMS from them saying I was over 90% of my usage and I had only used it for 2 days. I was thinking, how the hell did I just use 900MB?

Telstra often bring people into the middle of a billing cycle, and they set your data usage as a percentage of that cycle that has already elapsed. So there is a chance that you never actually used that amount.
11:48am 26/04/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20650 posts
Cheers will check out the suggestions.

Thunder I am on prepaid so I'd say it's legit, just need to work out what app is stealing all my megabytes!!
07:47am 27/04/12 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1607 posts
I use one called Telstra Usage. It's good because it actually pulls all your data off the Telstra site so you can see accurately how much you've spent on calls and data.
10:33am 27/04/12 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
7807 posts
It's built into Ice Cream Sandwich, just go the Data Usage section in System Settings.
01:56pm 27/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:56pm 27/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close