We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Something big coming from Apple?
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
11377 posts
Just went to the Apple site to be greeted with the message "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget. Check back here tomorrow for an exciting announcement from iTunes."

Aside from the terrible sentence structure, anyone have an idea about what's going on? Whatever it is, it'll be announced at 7am LA time.
09:51am 16/11/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:51am 16/11/10 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14104 posts
Well that's going to change everything again, yawn.
09:52am 16/11/10 Permalink
casa
Brisbane, Queensland
4111 posts

Maybe they're implementing a non-s*** version of iTunes? That is something to be excited about. I also love how they thing there's only 3 countries on the planet. I guess its 2 more than what they thought existed before the iphone.

last edited by casa at 09:59:51 16/Nov/10
09:57am 16/11/10 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
3747 posts
10:12am 16/11/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
7685 posts
I'm going to stay up all night and pre-order it, whatever it is.

(Pinky, channeling fanboism since 1998)
10:14am 16/11/10 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
1290 posts
The Beatles on iTunes for sure.
10:15am 16/11/10 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1485 posts
I have already pre-ordered the Apple London and Tokyo iClocks. I can't afford the New York and California ones yet.

Just kidding, actually it sounds like Apple have a cure for Alzheimer's:
"Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget."
10:19am 16/11/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
11544 posts
i love announcement announcements.
10:21am 16/11/10 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
9133 posts

The big news of the day has been Apple's iTunes-related announcement scheduled for tomorrow, and one of the rumors that has been gaining traction in the hours since the news broke is that Apple may finally have struck a deal to bring The Beatles to the iTunes Store.

For starters, the sources in the past that quashed any rumors of an impending Beatles launch are today very quiet, and strangely so. Next is the wording of the teaser on Apple's website. The first line is, "Tomorrow is just another day." As noted earlier, "Another Day" is a Paul McCartney song released on his solo record "Ram," but written during the Beatles' "Let it Be" sessions.

Also, for those into hunting for more clues, Apple's teaser page features four clocks, each with the arms in different positions, (denoting the time of the announcement in California, New York, London and Tokyo time zones). Pretty unnecessary unless you compare it to the cover of the Beatles' "Help!" album, featuring all four members side by side with their arms also in different positions.
The report from Billboard hints at other reasons may finally be the day that The Beatles come to iTunes, although it is unable to share all of its information.

The rumor of course leads some to question whether such an announcement would be worthy of a hype-filled front-page teaser on Apple.com, but there is no special media event accompanying tomorrow's announcement, and it is unclear if any other news besides The Beatles would be included if it is indeed in the works.

On one final note, MacRumors yesterday did receive an unconfirmed tip that The Beatles would be coming to the iTunes Store on Wednesday, November 17th. Such unconfirmed rumors are not uncommon (although things have been relatively quiet with regards to The Beatles since the lead-up to Apple's September 1st music-focused media event) and this one included no details we could use to follow-up or verify, but perhaps is worth noting in light of today's events.

did I ruin it for you
10:21am 16/11/10 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
8189 posts
The rumor of course leads some to question whether such an announcement would be worthy of a hype-filled front-page teaser on Apple.com, but there is no special media event accompanying tomorrow's announcement, and it is unclear if any other news besides The Beatles would be included if it is indeed in the works.

Maybe they cloned Lennon?
10:23am 16/11/10 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
7094 posts
That's all kinds of fail if it's just the beatles.

Wouldn't any fan already have all the cd's?
10:25am 16/11/10 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
11378 posts
While it doesn't seem like big news to us, selling Beatles albums via iTunes will probably generate millions of dollars in just a few days.
10:28am 16/11/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
11545 posts
Maybe they cloned Lennon?

iLennon
10:30am 16/11/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
7686 posts
That's all kinds of fail if it's just the beatles.

Haha, stole the words out of my head. How ridiculous. I agree with BillyH though *sigh* Poeple are so tediously predictable at times.
10:44am 16/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3080 posts

No, they would already have the Vinyl Records.
10:56am 16/11/10 Permalink
kos
UK
1615 posts
Maybe they're going to let us know that when it's released the next iPhone will be the fastest iPhone ever!

While it doesn't seem like big news to us, selling Beatles albums via iTunes will probably generate millions of dollars in just a few days.

So then I guess what they're really saying is that tomorrow is just another day that Apple will never forget...
11:18am 16/11/10 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2423 posts
omgawd apple is teh shizzle guys didnt you know alreadyz?!
11:22am 16/11/10 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
30634 posts
something new and big for apple?

what, like reasonably priced devices that arent wanky or locked down to s***, so that I can use them how i feel fit, and not how apple tells me i can?

11:45am 16/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3081 posts
Are the 4 timezones listed possibly were Ringo, Paul, Yoko and Georges Wife live?
11:49am 16/11/10 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
7095 posts

No, they would already have the Vinyl Records.

Even better.
11:49am 16/11/10 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
11380 posts
Whatevs, real Beatles fans like me have already ripped their entire collection to iTunes and listen to the vinyls on weekends.
11:57am 16/11/10 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
9135 posts
I have the discography in .ogg
I imported into iTunes and gifted on an ipod to my dad for fathers day last year
12:16pm 16/11/10 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14105 posts
I imported into iTunes and gifted on an ipod to my dad for fathers day last year
I hope doing that was approved by Steve Jobs
12:23pm 16/11/10 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
9137 posts
well he was never going to make any money on the albums because they aren't in his store now are they ;)
mind you he probably made ridonkulous profits on the actual ipod after raw material costs ($5), slave labour (0.02c) and transport ($??)
12:40pm 16/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3084 posts
Whatevs, real Beatles fans like me have already ripped their entire collection to iTunes and listen to the vinyls on weekends.

Pretty much, except I just downloaded the collection as I have the Boxed vinyl collection and didnt want to even attempt to rip that to mp3.
02:04pm 16/11/10 Permalink
sparrow
Brisbane, Queensland
1325 posts
How come the beatles weren't on itunes before now? I just assumed you could get pretty much everything from there. fail
02:07pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Door
Rockhampton, Queensland
339 posts
02:10pm 16/11/10 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
5919 posts
next big thing to hit itunes : the specials! ;p
02:10pm 16/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3085 posts
How come the beatles weren't on itunes before now? I just assumed you could get pretty much everything from there. fail

Because they never agreed to it, I believe AC/Cd arent on itunes aswell.

Apple makes demands that most people just agree to because they need the money. Where as bands like the beatles and AC/Cd can just tell em to get f***ed.

AC/DC's issue was that they didnt want individual songs sold as they beleieve that the songs need to be listed to as an album, or something like that.

The beatles might have a similar issue, and albums like Sgt peppers would sound a bit crazy as individual songs.
02:15pm 16/11/10 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
18611 posts
I have all the vinyl records bar a couple, have bought all the CDs that were released in the 80s, and have bought the mono remastered CDs as well.

Apart from all the Oasis CDs, they are the only music I have ever parted with money for.
02:20pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
7690 posts

It's a long story that starts with copyright issues because the Beatles label was called 'Apple Records'.
02:22pm 16/11/10 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
8197 posts
So wait on, something old and widely available is now going to be available on a product i don't use from a company I don't like

WHOOP-DE-F*****G-DO
02:28pm 16/11/10 Permalink
sparrow
Brisbane, Queensland
1327 posts
So wait on, something old and widely available is now going to be available on a product i don't use from a company I don't like

WHOOP-DE-F*****G-DO

This is what I thought, but then decided not to post that because it's silly looking into a thread about iTunes then complaining about their newest releases.
03:13pm 16/11/10 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
5939 posts
The Beatles coming to the iTunes Store would be the most anti-climatic thing to happen for such hype. I'm with hardware. Whoop-de-f*****g-do.

03:48pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
7701 posts
The TechCrunch article entitled 'Why should we care?" about the Beatles on iTunes is quite interesting. In a nutshell they are saying that the Beatles refusing to move to a modern digital age and distribution model is emblematic of the lethargic industry as a whole and that a high-profile deal like this helps to kick the industry into gear a bit.

I think it's a pretty good point, even though this news is really not inspiring to me in any way.
05:37pm 16/11/10 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
11381 posts
The Beatles coming to the iTunes Store would be the most anti-climatic thing to happen for such hype. I'm with hardware. Whoop-de-f*****g-do.

Yeh, Except millions of people probably disagree :p
05:38pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
7702 posts
Yeh, Except millions of people probably disagree :p

Urgh, don't be so depressing Billy!
05:43pm 16/11/10 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
11383 posts
It ain't depressing that millions of people love the greatest band that ever existed!
05:53pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Door
Rockhampton, Queensland
350 posts
06:08pm 16/11/10 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
6983 posts
I thought the beatles weren't on iTunes because of the trademark stoush with apple - but that was resolved last year.
07:45pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Vic
Brisbane, Queensland
16 posts
Old but still funny.

link
08:54pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Wishbone
Sydney, New South Wales
34 posts
Whatever it is it will be gay. Gayer than GAY I SAY !!!

Unless its a puppy for everyone on earth !
09:13pm 16/11/10 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
5941 posts
And have been able to buy The Beatles for decades already. I fail to see how one particular band however big they are coming to one specific online store is going to be a universally amazing announcement. Not everyone likes the Beatles or not everyone cares too much about The Beatles coming to iTunes, a lot of people already have had their music for years and years.

I'm not against the Beatles but I don't really give a s*** if they are now available on an online store. Like I said, whoop de f*****g do!!!
09:23pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Wishbone
Sydney, New South Wales
35 posts
whoop de f*****g do!!!

+1

Worlds most overrated band.
09:35pm 16/11/10 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
5111 posts
haha wtf, I like the beatles but if they're seriously making a big deal out of getting them on itunes that's retarded
10:27pm 16/11/10 Permalink
Wishbone
Sydney, New South Wales
36 posts
OMG it was fsck damn Beatles ! $259 for the "box" too O.O !! Could get in AUS for $299 and actually have the box or looks to be about US$130 from the septic tanks.

Can't believe all the hype for something fans would have had in their iPods a looong time ago.
06:44am 17/11/10 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
5018 posts
It's the beatles...
07:04am 17/11/10 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
7099 posts
Guys, it's the Beatles.

Can't believe all the hype for something fans would have had in their iPods a looong time ago.

Agreed.

last edited by mission at 07:43:21 17/Nov/10
07:22am 17/11/10 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
2868 posts
Ridiculous, has to be a test by the Apple marketing team to see what sort of horsecrap they can get away with and what dumb apple fans will believe
08:00am 17/11/10 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
8200 posts
09:16am 17/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3088 posts
Worlds most overrated band.

HUH, right, I think your thinking of U2.
09:25am 17/11/10 Permalink
Nathan
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
3676 posts
Saint, I for one will never forget this day.

As the ultimate example of why I will never buy an Apple product again
09:43am 17/11/10 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
6897 posts
So.... what did I miss?
09:57am 17/11/10 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14107 posts
Hahaha apple you f*****s.
10:07am 17/11/10 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
4912 posts
I never thought I'd see the day when apple was hated more than microsoft.
10:08am 17/11/10 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
5944 posts
Holy s*** look at the price they're charging Australians! F***en jesus, 1.73x markup????
11:21am 17/11/10 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
5928 posts
haha hardware :)
11:26am 17/11/10 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
5019 posts
Wishbone, beatles will NEVER be over-rated.

As old mate said, U2 are the worlds most over-rated band.
11:28am 17/11/10 Permalink
Wishbone
Sydney, New South Wales
37 posts
Wishbone, beatles will NEVER be over-rated.

As old mate said, U2 are the worlds most over-rated band.

Beatles, U2, Radiohead ...... umm im sure theres more !

Its not that I don't respect these bands - they have written some amazing songs. But I think that Apples pricing is a good indicator of the "hype" that surrounds the lads from Liverpool. Very very good, but not the best band ever by any means.

IMHO of course.
04:08pm 17/11/10 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
2344 posts
It's called the iC*** for all the mac f*****s to stick up their arse while they all chat about how cool they are with their latestapple product.
04:52pm 17/11/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:52pm 17/11/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.